No wonder kidney stones hurt!

cancel2 2022

Canceled
Under a microscope.
077a7b94dfb41e01ed52bf24dfb71e14.jpg

Last edited:
Eat a halfway decent diet and drink lots of water and you will NEVER have to worry about kidney stones

I got a couple after I started taking calcium supplements some years ago.

Stopped taking them real fast.

Had another one last summer, but I forget what I was eating different that caused it.

Anyway, every time I got one, I took the only one cure that works, but it works good, and that is cranberry juice.

Amazing stuff.

Takes the pain away quickly and causes it to pass soon afterward.

The higher the percentage of cranberry juice content, the better.

Eat a halfway decent diet and drink lots of water and you will NEVER have to worry about kidney stones
Tell that to Damo. I wish that were true. For a lot of people it is but there are folks who have problem metabolizing uric acid and they are constantly plagued by gout and kidney stones.

I got a couple after I started taking calcium supplements some years ago.

Stopped taking them real fast.

Had another one last summer, but I forget what I was eating different that caused it.

Anyway, every time I got one, I took the only one cure that works, but it works good, and that is cranberry juice.

Amazing stuff.

Takes the pain away quickly and causes it to pass soon afterward.

The higher the percentage of cranberry juice content, the better.
It's likely that they were not related. Kidney stones are usually caused by high uric acid concentration in the blood. High uric acid concentration in the blood is usually caused by diets high in the chemical compound purines which are contained in foods like fish, dried beans, peas, beer, etc,.

Unless you have hereditary disposition. My dad had an issue with calcium absorption, and they told him the diet wouldn't help, and put him on something that helps the body reabsorb calcium. Many plant based foods can be issues as they have oxalates. The largest majority of stones are calcium/oxalate stones.

They shouldn’t be a problem if you’re taking calcium supplements like he said he was. Ironic that considering oxalate stones are usually calcium salts but generally speaking if you pair foods high in oxalates with foods high in calcium it actually prevents oxalate stones.

In general and with most types of kidney stones if you drink lots of water and reduce sodium and animal protein in your diet you should prevent stones. If that doesn’t work you’re Damo.

My father said that balancing your urines pH so that it stays in its ideal homeostatic range of 6.5 to 7.5 and preferably keeping closer to 7.5 is the best way to prevent stones.

Last edited:
It's likely that they were not related. Kidney stones are usually caused by high uric acid concentration in the blood. High uric acid concentration in the blood is usually caused by diets high in the chemical compound purines which are contained in foods like fish, dried beans, peas, beer, etc,.

That's what causes gout as well. Definitely avoid beer! she said from experience. lol

They shouldn’t be a problem if you’re taking calcium supplements like he said he was. Ironic that considering oxalate stones are usually calcium salts but generally speaking if you pair foods high in oxalates with foods high in calcium it actually prevents oxalate stones.

In general and with most types of kidney stones if you drink lots of water and reduce sodium and animal protein in your diet you should prevent stones. If that doesn’t work you’re Damo.

My father said that balancing your urines pH so that it stays in its ideal homeostatic range of 6.5 to 7.5 and preferably keeping closer to 7.5 is the best way to prevent stones.

CRAN.

BERRY.

JUICE.

It seems kidney stones aren't my only concern. I found out about a possible hereditary problem, since my brother was diagnosed with it. Hereditary Hemochromatosis. Now finding out all this pain on my left side isn't the kidney stones, because I only have them on the other side, has me concerned.

CRAN.

BERRY.

JUICE.

Actually that helps with UTI's, but can actually make stones worse, because of the oxalate. My nefrologist told me to stop taking my cranberry supplement for that reason. Lemon juice is the real champ, for kidney stones. And if they are small, you can use d.mannose, or cleavers herb to help them pass. I don't get small ones anymore though

Back