Not a good couple of Years for the left

Getin the ring

Verified User
It's almost unfair to keep debating with the looney tune left,
but I'm sure they will say something else stupid soon

"Blue Wave" ??? :rofl2:

The Democrat Party has been in a devastating losing streak since 2010.

This losing streak will continue next month and beyond 2020.

There is no Blue Wave.

That is just more false propaganda from the Left.

The Main Street American people have had enough of the Democrats racism and intolerance.

There is no Blue Wave.

The Main Street American people have had enough of the Democrats racism and intolerance.

Maybe through 2020 but I doubt beyond. 2020 will be the last politically dying gasp of the Baby Boomers on both sides. For that reason alone it will be a pivot point in American history.

Maybe through 2020 but I doubt beyond. 2020 will be the last politically dying gasp of the Baby Boomers on both sides. For that reason alone it will be a pivot point in American history.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Please elaborate on the baby boomer aspect.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Please elaborate on the baby boomer aspect.

The leadership in both parties have one foot in the grave. Bloomburg is in his mid 70's and is planning to run add in Biden, and all the other geezers who think they still have a shot; trump will be old. Pelosi will be old. Mcconnell will be old. several of the senate seats up in 2020 are held by people who are or will then be 70+ years old. The DNC thrives off Soros money and he is 88. The GOP relies on Koch money and all those brothers will be 80+ in 2 years. The entire political landscape is about to change.

The leadership in both parties have one foot in the grave. Bloomburg is in his mid 70's and is planning to run add in Biden, and all the other geezers who think they still have a shot; trump will be old. Pelosi will be old. Mcconnell will be old. several of the senate seats up in 2020 are held by people who are or will then be 70+ years old. The DNC thrives off Soros money and he is 88. The GOP relies on Koch money and all those brothers will be 80+ in 2 years. The entire political landscape is about to change.

OK ....

Yes ....

All those Geezers are certainly going to move on.

However .... I am not sure that guarantees a big political change.

OK ....

Yes ....

All those Geezers are certainly going to move on.

However .... I am not sure that guarantees a big political change.

Just being able to fund movements will drive change without the rainmakers. Gen X'ers are far more pragmatic and don't care so much about the traditional narratives. Both parties will start seeing fundamental changes. We will see a return of some variation of blue dogs in the DNC and we will some post-modern version of log cabin republicans in the GOP. Both parties will be forced to moderate.

Just being able to fund movements will drive change without the rainmakers. Gen X'ers are far more pragmatic and don't care so much about the traditional narratives. Both parties will start seeing fundamental changes. We will see a return of some variation of blue dogs in the DNC and we will some post-modern version of log cabin republicans in the GOP. Both parties will be forced to moderate.

I think the Democrat Party will go the way of the Whigs.

Their racism, intolerance, and hatred will cause them to implode.

The DNC is and will reject these modern Democrats you are referring to.

The GOP ... in my opinion .... is still on the fence.

That Party may also go the way of the Whigs if it continues on it's progressive path.

Main Street Americans are mostly conservative and will demand representation .... that is exactly why Trump was elected ... and not a Kasich, Rubio, or Bush.

I think the Democrat Party will go the way of the Whigs.

Their racism, intolerance, and hatred will cause them to implode.

The DNC is and will reject these modern Democrats you are referring to.

The GOP ... in my opinion .... is still on the fence.

That Party may also go the way of the Whigs if it continues on it's progressive path.

Main Street Americans are mostly conservative and will demand representation .... that is exactly why Trump was elected ... and not a Kasich, Rubio, or Bush.

I think the way in which the parties operate change will be more pronounced on the democratic side. Platform wise, I think both will be moving toward the center. Maybe it is because I live in the south and see a lot of up is down and down is up in the political world already. Not sure. It isn't because yankees are moving here though. I see a lot of dyed in the wool republicans embracing renewable energy, anti-pollution, anti-poverty efforts in their day to day lives and local politics, for instance. Likewise, I see a lot more democrats saying enough is enough with sugar daddy government programs that promulgate social ills instead of solving them. The body politic is about to go into the food processor, be strained, and then go into the Magic bullet. Not sure what it is going to look like when it is done, but the die off of the boomers is going to change things more drastically than I think the establishment sides of both parties are willing to acknowledge publicly.

There is no Blue Wave.

I believe it's losing streak goes back to November 8, 1994.

November 8, 1994, in the middle of President Bill Clinton's first term. As a result of a 54-seat swing in membership from Democrats to Republicans, the Republican Party gained a majority of seats in the United States House of Representatives for the first time since 1952 and a majority of votes for the first time since 1946. It was also the largest seat gain for the Republican Party since 1946, and the largest for either party since 1948.

The United States Senate elections, 1994 were elections held November 8, 1994 Republicans successfully defended all of its seats and captured eight seats from the Democrats, including the seats of sitting Senators Harris Wofford (Pennsylvania) and Jim Sasser (Tennessee), as well as six open seats in Arizona, Maine, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. Notably, since Sasser's defeat coincided with a Republican victory in the special election to replace Al Gore, Tennessee's Senate delegation switched from entirely Democratic to entirely Republican in a single election.

A good start for trying to regain power for the Dems, or any legitimacy toward that end would be to come up with some ideas, some thoughts beyond whining that "Trump is bad".

they crept right up to the mid-terms here and have yet to present any change they would make, except for impeaching everybody in their sights, more CNN talking points,.

The whole charade has become sickening, the American people are tired of them

You Repubs are insane. Apparently you really do live in information bubbles, and have little clue about anything in politics. Why have you let preserving values through the years become such a moral deprived, stroke fest? Your party has been dead in the water for awhile, and will never be itself again.

You Repubs are insane. Apparently you really do live in information bubbles, and have little clue about anything in politics. Why have you let preserving values through the years become such a moral deprived, stroke fest? Your party has been dead in the water for awhile, and will never be itself again.

No clue about politics? Such as what? Do tell.

Back