Not very satisfying... But at least they know...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_re_us/adam_walsh

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – A serial killer who died more than a decade ago is the person who decapitated the 6-year-old son of "America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh in 1981, police in Florida said Tuesday.

The announcement brought to a close a case that has vexed the Walsh family for more than two decades, launched the television show about the nation's most notorious criminals and inspired changes in how authorities search for missing children.

"Who could take a 6-year-old and murder and decapitate him? Who?" an emotional John Walsh said at Tuesday's news conference. "We needed to know. We needed to know. And today we know. The not knowing has been a torture, but that journey's over."

Walsh's wife, Reve, at one point placed a small photo of their son on the podium.

More at link...

I imagine it helps the Walsh family to know for sure.

Shame the sick fuck who did it couldn't have suffered more.

He was a suspect from 1983 but nothing was ever conclusive. He was sentenced to life imprisonment for other crimes anyway. I'm just glad we didn't turn this into another death penalty case.

He was a suspect from 1983 but nothing was ever conclusive. He was sentenced to life imprisonment for other crimes anyway. I'm just glad we didn't turn this into another death penalty case.

Ottis Toole deserved the death penalty more than anyone I can think of. He and his partner Henry Lee Lucas are perfect examples of people who have forfeited their right to live.

Anyone who would kidnap and decapitate a 6 year old boy, and leave his parents wondering what happened is a monster.

Back