Nothing less than total victory in Iraq is acceptable.

uscitizen

Villified User
Just remembering that famous Dixie line. It seems to be the unspoken mantra of the right now....

I don't think most of them realize this, they use other lines like leaving would make it worse, etc to try and rationalize the total victory theme. But I think that is really the core of it to the right.

Of course Dix could never explain what total victory meant ;)

Last edited:
Maybe America should be more concerned with Teen drinking than the War... Food for thought... from... website...http://www.charityguide.org/volunteer/fewhours/drunk-driving.htm "...Teenage drunk driving accidents leave 5,000 parents devastated each year..." Just an interesting statement. If you want indepth information on Teenage Drunk driving, go to http://www.firsteagle.com/tdd.htm

My only point is that the media and by proxy "America" is overly aware of the war and the cost of war, and much less aware of other very significant American Issues. Teens that die for nothing seems more tragic to me than soldiers giving all for a cause they believe in (even if many Americans do not believe in it).

Tax the heck out of Alcohol.

A few years ago I read that alcohol use hurts us more than all illegal drug use combined.

So, legalize drugs, and then they can do more damage to society than alcohol, and then we can stop picking on my beverages of choice... :shots:

So, legalize drugs, and then they can do more damage to society than alcohol, and then we can stop picking on my beverages of choice... :shots:
They won't the Netherlands has proven that they go wacky for awhile with legalization and then it levels off. And I doubt that you will ever see the widespread popularity of other drugs to the extent that alcohol has been ingrained itself into our society.

They won't the Netherlands has proven that they go wacky for awhile with legalization and then it levels off. And I doubt that you will ever see the widespread popularity of other drugs to the extent that alcohol has been ingrained itself into our society.

Yes, but I think if you compare alcohol abuse with Europe, those statistics would correlate to drug abuse as well...

No, its not something you can check. I mean, illicit drugs not being legal here, its not a problem of astronomical proportions, but it would look the same (and I think much worse) as our alcohol numbers if we legalized it, just because of the way our culture is.

Back