Notice: To those avoiding the office

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
To those of you who are throwing a fit about going back to the office, either not doing it or causing problems and thus lost productivity: Dont be shocked if you find yourself out of a job soon.

It was great while it lasted and came at a very good time for me but American management has ALWAYS hated it as they feel the need to micromanage everything.

It was shown to be more productive so I get why people are grousing about it but American management is nothing if not hard headed.

Trouble is they do not know how to measure worker productivity.

It was great while it lasted and came at a very good time for me but American management has ALWAYS hated it as they feel the need to micromanage everything.

It was shown to be more productive so I get why people are grousing about it but American management is nothing if not hard headed.

Trouble is they do not know how to measure worker productivity.

Solidarity is huge now.....those who dont care enough about the company to get their asses to work can go first.

The bloodletting of white collar workers is going to be something to see.

And almost none of them ever saw it coming.

Solidarity is huge now.....those who dont care enough about the company to get their asses to work can go first.

The bloodletting of white collar workers is going to be something to see.

And almost none of them ever saw it coming.

very true. companies are already looking at reasons to reduce headcount because nobody's future looks bright.

the jobs collapse will happen fast and all those people swapping jobs over the last 3-6 months are probably going to regret it most.

very true. companies are already looking at reasons to reduce headcount because nobody's future looks bright.

the jobs collapse will happen fast and all those people swapping jobs over the last 3-6 months are probably going to regret it most.

And something like 70% either contribute little or nothing or they are drags on the firm...often by making trouble and not attempting to work. Offloading any of that 70% works out the same, it might as well be the ones who lack solidarity.

And something like 70% either contribute little or nothing or they are drags on the firm...often by making trouble and not attempting to work. Offloading any of that 70% works out the same, it might as well be the ones who lack solidarity.

sacking the dead wood is the right thing to do but as always they will prune off the higher paid. HR has boiled it all down to a numbers game.

What a frightening life being scared of the world outside of your 4 walls

While there are individuals for whom that is true I don't think that applies to most who have hybrid work schedules. I get the appeal of the hybrid model, especially for those who have a long commute. In a tighter job market employees have more leverage but when a downturn hits it will be interesting to see how many employers crack down on it.

To those of you who are throwing a fit about going back to the office, either not doing it or causing problems and thus lost productivity: Dont be shocked if you find yourself out of a job soon.

It works well for some offices, not so well for others. The more benefits you can afford to give your employees the better for the business.

Back