Notre Dame won't play in bowl.

Socrtease

Verified User
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -- The Notre Dame football season is officially over.

Athletic director Jack Swarbrick announced Friday that the school has decided against going to a bowl game with a 6-6 record, citing "unique circumstances" surrounding the program.

One of those circumstances is that it has no head coach. Swarbrick earlier this week fired Charlie Weis as coach after five seasons. The search for a replacement is under way.

The Irish finished the season with four straight losses to finish at .500 for just the sixth time in 121 seasons. The last time was in 2004 when Tyrone Willingham was fired as coach.

The Irish went to the Hawaii Bowl last season with a 6-6 record, beating Hawaii 49-21.

What fucking business does a 6-6 team have going to a bowl game anyway. Why do they get to "decide" not to go to a bowl game at all. I am so tired of the Irish. I hear people complain about the Yankees when this overrated college team melts 4 ounces of gold into the paint that gets sprayed on their helmets. A team that once upon a time was a good team and now lives off that ancient history.

Actually I just read they no longer melt gold into their helmet paint. But they are still way to highly regarded

Lots of 6-6 teams go to bowls actually. WAY too many bowls in college football right now. What's dumb about deciding not to go is it costs the team an extra month of practice that all other bowl teams get which will hurt the Irish next year.

Hey aren't you a Yankees fan?

You sir have zero right to complain about the Irish!

Lots of 6-6 teams go to bowls actually. WAY too many bowls in college football right now. What's dumb about deciding not to go is it costs the team an extra month of practice that all other bowl teams get which will hurt the Irish next year.

Hey aren't you a Yankees fan?

You sir have zero right to complain about the Irish!
The difference my good man is that the Yankees WIN championships. The Neuter Lame Flailing Irish are 14-15 since 1925 in Bowl games. They are overrated while the Yankees have proved their mettle in competition. But I guess seeing as you are a fan of a mildly less overrated team this hits a little closer to home for you :pke:

Actually I just read they no longer melt gold into their helmet paint. But they are still way to highly regarded

I agree, I have often said, there is no excuse why ND shouldn't be winning the NC every year, given the prestige of a ND scholarship. They get the pick of the litter because they ARE Notre Dame! What kid is going to turn that opportunity down?

The funniest thing is Lou Holtz predictions the first of the season, that ND would go undefeated! LOL ...He really did believe it!

Actually USC might be lamer seeing how they have a losing record vs the Flailing Irish in their quest for the ever gay Jeweled Shillelagh. What is that, the winning team puts on a rhinestone condom and the losing team blows them?

The difference my good man is that the Yankees WIN championships. The Neuter Lame Flailing Irish are 14-15 since 1925 in Bowl games. They are overrated while the Yankees have proved their mettle in competition. But I guess seeing as you are a fan of a mildly less overrated team this hits a little closer to home for you :pke:

haha... you mean supporter of the top college football program of the 2000's? :)

I'm in LA heading to the Coliseum in a couple of hours. National TV game today. Make sure you watch. 12:30pm west coast time kick off.

225px-Jeweledshillelagh.jpg

Here is a picture of the Jeweled Shillelagh. Looks prety phallic to me. No wonder USC and the Flailing Irish play for it.

Back