now pope turns to lying

robdastud

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Pope Benedict XVI has said he has "deep respect" for Islam and hopes that his recent remarks that sparked anger from Muslims lead to dialogue among religions.

The pope on Wednesday acknowledged his remarks were open to misinterpretation, but insisted he had not intended to endorse a negative view of Islam.

"I hope that in several occasions during the visit ... my deep respect for great religions, in particular for Muslims -- who worship the one God and with whom we are engaged in defending and promoting together social justice, moral values, peace and freedom for all men -- has emerged clearly," Benedict said during his weekly audience at the Vatican.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/20/pope.islam.ap/index.html

i think the other pope was better, at least he didn't start problems... then lie and try to cover it up...

He has deep respect for them. he respects they will cut off his head if they get a chance! LOL

But you are right US, he should not let politics get in the way of what he was saying. To bad if it makes the Muslims mad. Doesn't everything?

Back