Now that I've used it for more than just testing...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Windows 8 is not bad at all.

In fact, once you figure out where things are it is quite excellent.

a lot of people aren't liking the desktop enviroment on the surface. (it's kinda stupid when you think about it)

XP Pro still does all I like. I do not need to give Gates any more money.
I reloaded my last 3 computers with XP pro.

Do yourself a real favour and try Zorin OS 6. I have skinned to behave like Windows 7, it's just great and exceedingly fast. The trouble with Win XP and Win 7 for that matter is they get slower and slower with use.

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Zorin-Linux-Is-Heavy-on-the-Windows-Dressing-76180.html

Yah it does, I have a backup hard drive with a fresh install of XP Pro SP3 and my programs on it, which i just overwrite my hard drive I am using once a year.
I keep my personal docs and such backed up automagically on an external drive.

maybe 2 hours and I am running again on a freshly restored system.

It takes the windoze auto updater about 2 days to update all the patches.

Yah it does, I have a backup hard drive with a fresh install of XP Pro SP3 and my programs on it, which i just overwrite my hard drive I am using once a year.
I keep my personal docs and such backed up automagically on an external drive.

maybe 2 hours and I am running again on a freshly restored system.

It takes the windoze auto updater about 2 days to update all the patches.

If you use Zorin 6 and Ubuntu One all your important files can be saved to cloud servers. You get 5Gb for nothing.

XP Pro still does all I like. I do not need to give Gates any more money.
I reloaded my last 3 computers with XP pro.

Dont give Gates more money....get a copy!!! ooops. shouldn't joke like that. The American lahh enforrssmint'll be round and shoot me dade. (well...thats what they sound like to me!)

More memory, more GHZ...

Windows XP is too primitive to run most games, would generally run them slower anyway, and anything else runs just fine on a PC with even mediocore performance. Windows 8, on the other, boots in 10 seconds, and is quite snappy. Stopping being such an idiotic, know-nothing luddite. I can't imagine still using a shitty operating system like XP in this day and age. I'd rather use Linux, and that's saying something.

Heck, why not use MS fucking DOS? XP is so wasteful, takes a full 256 megs of memory to run, while if you were using beautiful DOS, in its 16-bits of glory, you wouldn't even be using a single meg, and you could feel even more self-righteous and be even more annoying than you are now.

Back