Oatmeal

I like oatmeal.

And I like variety.

Today I had apple oatmeal and then *gasp* salt and pepper.

What are your thoughts regarding oatmeal?

I eat oatmeal almost every morning during the cooler months.

I prefer it with a mixture of 2/3s oatmeal; 1/3 granola...with cinnamon and raisins added...almond milk with a slug of coffee creamer on top. (The granola gives it a little something lacking in just plain oatmeal.)

A slice of toast (often a crusty bread toast) and glass of orange juice as accompaniment.

I had to stop eating oatmeal because I'm borderline with my sugar. But...I'd buy the 'original, or old fashioned' oatmeal instead of the 'quick'.

I like mine to have some texture. I'd boil the water, and then add the oatmeal. Stir it around for about 20 seconds, and then shut it off. Let it stand about 5 minutes as the oats soak up all of the water.

Great texture, not unlike the steel cut oats Havana mentioned.

When it's done, I add a few spoons of my own apple sauce, and about a tablespoon of real maple syrup. I only eat it when I'm going ice fishing. It stays with you for hours.

I had to stop eating oatmeal because I'm borderline with my sugar. But...I'd buy the 'original, or old fashioned' oatmeal instead of the 'quick'.

I like mine to have some texture. I'd boil the water, and then add the oatmeal. Stir it around for about 20 seconds, and then shut it off. Let it stand about 5 minutes as the oats soak up all of the water.

When it's done, I add a few spoons of my own apple sauce, and about a tablespoon of real maple syrup. I only eat it when I'm going ice fishing. It stays with you for hours.

So you're worried about the virtually non-existent carbs in oatmeal but yet at the same time you're using applesauce and maple syrup. That's irrational

So you're worried about the virtually non-existent carbs in oatmeal but yet at the same time you're using applesauce and maple syrup. That's irrational
Did you see the point I made about not eating oatmeal anymore unless I'm fishing? My apple sauce has no sweetener, and my issue with the oatmeal has more to do with the amount that I eat per serving, rather than the actual glycemic index. I find myself getting lazy after oatmeal if I'm not burning off the carbs. Sure...I could do away with the syrup.

Oatmeal in cookies is fine. Otherwise, gags.....I was a poor starving student with no meal plan my senior year at university in a very expensive city. I ate so much instant oatmeal to survive, I cannot even get a spoonful of the stuff down now.

Try agave nevtar. Sweeter with a lower glycemic index

Back