Obama wants to be president but apparently afraid of O'Reilly

"The Factor" has been trying to book Obama for months. We even visited him at a book signing:

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JESSE WATTERS, FOX NEWS PRODUCER: Senator, why won't you come on "The O'Reilly Factor"? You know, you're welcome any time to come on the show.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA, D-ILL.: My communications director is right over there.

WATTERS: You know, because we sell a lot of your books on the show. You're a best-selling author.

OBAMA: I actually like Bill.

WATTERS: You do?

OBAMA: Yes.

WATTERS: Well, Bill really wants to meet you.

OBAMA: Tell Bill that I look forward to being on the show sometime.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Well, we've called the senator nearly every day since that time months ago. So far, no luck.

The rise of Obama has to be killing Hillary Clinton, who did not anticipate the challenge. I still believe the senator from New York will get the nomination because old guard Democrats don't really like the far left and feel comfortable with the Clinton style.

On Super Tuesday, Senator Clinton will unleash a media barrage unlike anything ever seen in this country. Her money is almost unlimited. And money talks, even if Senator Clinton doesn't. Like Senator Obama, Mrs. Clinton avoids tough questioning.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236003,00.html

both avoid tough questioning... dey shure do!!!

I thought he handled himself pretty well when blind-sided at that book signing by O'Reilly's guy. I still don't know if I can vote for him or not.

O'Reilly sort of has a pre-Copernicus view of himself at the center of the universe. If someone won't come on his show, it has to be because they're "afraid"...it couldn't be that he's not that important, or that they just don't like him...

To debate ideas maybe. But from what little I have seen and heard not much debate takes place on O'Reilly's program. I dunno.

To debate ideas maybe. But from what little I have seen and heard not much debate takes place on O'Reilly's program. I dunno.
Exactly. O'Reilly's going to ridicule and insult him whether he appears on the program or not. Nothing ever changes O'Reilly's schtick and there's no way in hell that Obama or any other liberal-leaning moderate is going to get anything out of an appearance there.

The only reason to appear would be if O'Reilly's childish little taunts actually got under his skin.

i really don't think that 'barack HUSSIEN OSama' is a name most will be selecting in 2008..............!!

i really don't think that 'barack HUSSIEN OSama' is a name most will be selecting in 2008..............!!

I guess if Americans are so incredibly stupid that they think they're voting for Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden, you might be right.

Been catching the Limbaugh program, I see? I'm sure Rush will do his very best to hammer the name thing home, since he abandoned real issues years ago...

not only lush, but the rest of the media, too. they are building him up so they can knock him down and get big ratings and distribution in the mean time!

"The Factor" has been trying to book Obama for months. We even visited him at a book signing:

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JESSE WATTERS, FOX NEWS PRODUCER: Senator, why won't you come on "The O'Reilly Factor"? You know, you're welcome any time to come on the show.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA, D-ILL.: My communications director is right over there.

WATTERS: You know, because we sell a lot of your books on the show. You're a best-selling author.

OBAMA: I actually like Bill.

WATTERS: You do?

OBAMA: Yes.

WATTERS: Well, Bill really wants to meet you.

OBAMA: Tell Bill that I look forward to being on the show sometime.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Well, we've called the senator nearly every day since that time months ago. So far, no luck.

The rise of Obama has to be killing Hillary Clinton, who did not anticipate the challenge. I still believe the senator from New York will get the nomination because old guard Democrats don't really like the far left and feel comfortable with the Clinton style.

On Super Tuesday, Senator Clinton will unleash a media barrage unlike anything ever seen in this country. Her money is almost unlimited. And money talks, even if Senator Clinton doesn't. Like Senator Obama, Mrs. Clinton avoids tough questioning.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236003,00.html

both avoid tough questioning... dey shure do!!!

so I guess this logic says that Bush is afraid of the pres of Iran since he won't meet with him ?

Personally I think Obama is smart not to give the opposition any more potshots at him than necessary, especially at this time in the game.

Personally I think Obama is smart not to give the opposition any more potshots at him than necessary, especially at this time in the game.

i disagree; he's gonna be so high from all the attention and ass kissing that he is going to walk right off the cliff....remember he is still a maive first term senator in very long 'honeymoon' period with the media.

i think anyone who goes on thsoe kind of shows is not only demenaing hiself by doing so, but setting himself up for ridicule an harrassment. i wouldn't lower myself to appear on those 'tabloid' shows either.

Back