Ocarina of Time in 18:10

Glitching games shouldn't count imo. Don't know why those spergs think otherwise

It's an any% run. Anything is allowed. If all you want is a really fast let's play you should look at the other categories of speedruns that forbid some of the bigger glitches.

And these glitches are extremely difficult and require a lot of effort to pull off. There's one part where he literally has to pull a jar out exactly 100 frames after he beats a certain boss in order to reprogram the games register. Another part where he has to get hit by a rock in just the right way to get a speed boost (this probably took thousands of tries to get right). Oot is broke beyond belief so it has a lot of really surreal and amazing glitches, really one of the most interesting games to watch a speedrun of.

For comparison, here's the new speedrun record set a few days back of Super Mario Bros.:

This game is a lot less interesting to see a speedrun of in comparison precisely because there aren't many amazing glitches. He just runs through the warp zones really fast.

Last edited:
Here's cosmo doing another run a few years back where he goes in depth into explaining the history of Oot speedruns:

There's one part in which he mentions the rock glitch, he laughs and says that it would basically be impossible to pull off without tool assistance. But in the run above, he actually pulls it off.

Here's Dark Souls 2 in 20 minutes:

This was an old version from about 2 years ago when the game was broken beyond belief. Binoboosting, airwalking... sigh, those were the days.

This is a game that took me 70 hours to play through straight.

Uhhhgg. I became physically angry watching him run through the Dragon Shrine naked, weaponless, at level 1, like it was nothing. It took me hours to perfect that run, and I was like level 120 with some of the best gear in the game. If he had gotten hit a single time, he would've died. And it is almost impossible to avoid getting hit purely by running like he was doing (even using binoboosting).

Jesus Christ. And he beat the Giant Lord with naked at level 1 with nothing but a buffed Dragon Tooth.

Granted, the Giant Lord is one of the easiest bosses to cheese in the game (although he can one shot you at pretty much any level).

For comparison, here's the new speedrun record set a few days back of Super Mario Bros.:

This game is a lot less interesting to see a speedrun of in comparison precisely because there aren't many amazing glitches. He just runs through the warp zones really fast.

i saw this the other day, apparently though some of the spots where he pauses while it may seem is slowing him down actually helps with timing. also timing the jumps and where to land and how close to an enemy you can get is all incredibly precise.

Here's cosmo doing another run a few years back where he goes in depth into explaining the history of Oot speedruns:

There's one part in which he mentions the rock glitch, he laughs and says that it would basically be impossible to pull off without tool assistance. But in the run above, he actually pulls it off.

I like this organization, because the crowd is usually pretty chill, they are generating charity, and they typically differentiate between "speed-run" and "glitch-run," showing you both of them.

Here's a glitchless 100% run. It's 6 hours long. It's not the world record holder, because there is no video available for the world record holder in this category, but it's close:

You can actually learn a lot about how to play the game normally watching glitchless runs. I know I got better at Dark Souls 2 watching All Bosses runs (which are usually two hours long, compared to 20 minutes for any%). Watching glitched runs, the knowledge doesn't transfer so well. Performing the glitches is usually a dark art that you have to study relentlessly to actually pull off.

Last edited:
Damn, they've gotten an all bosses run down to 1:20:

Mind you this run *does* use glitches, but you still have to kill all the bosses so you're basically completing the entire game anyway.

i saw this the other day, apparently though some of the spots where he pauses while it may seem is slowing him down actually helps with timing. also timing the jumps and where to land and how close to an enemy you can get is all incredibly precise.

I know a lot of the time it seemed like he was practically jumping through enemies. This is actually close to the fastest tool assisted speedrun, it's within like a second, which is incredible:

This is the current tool assisted OOT record, about a minute faster:

Notice that he sidehops everywhere. Which is technically faster than walking backwards, but people don't usually do it in real time speedruns because of the super human precision it requires. Other than that he seems to basically use the same route as the first speedrunner I posted, he just does it perfectly because its tool assisted, so it's not really worth watching.

Back