Oh come all ye faithful

Konono

Verified User
Despite the Troll's ranting, this song has helped many people through a rough time. The holidays came be very hard for some, for some it is a lonely time, for others it is a time they remember a relative or a close friend.

While I think Christmas is a pagan holiday, I do not besmirch those who believe otherwise and who listen to the music. If it makes them happier and helps through the tough times, then STFU.

I do not understand anti-Christian hate when it comes to Christmas.

Let it go.

Religion does a lot of people a lot of good.

letting some one asshole tell everyone in that religion what they should feel and do religiously is evil and destroys the good religion brings

Believe whatever is in your heart

STOP ORGANIZING it into a scaffolding that evil people can climb and rule

December 25th was a pagan holiday. Early Christians didn't want to participate, so they created a holiday of their own on the same day celebrating the birth of Christ.

No.
The pagans didn't gave Decembers much less 25ths but many cultures attributed significance the the equinox that happens around this time. The Christians didn't have a specific date either so they opted for the same general time as it was as good as any and made an easy transition for convertees.

The important part about Christmas is not the date or the reason why it falls on that date but it's about Christ and celebrating His birth. Presents are great but the best present of all what His birth.

The important part about Christmas is not the date or the reason why it falls on that date but it's about Christ and celebrating His birth. Presents are great but the best present of all what His birth.

Amen to that ma'am.
Don't get why some non believers are so insecure that they feel the need to embarrase themselves with juvenile barbs.

I feel the importance of Christmas is a time that brings family together for food, fun and merriment.

December 25th was a pagan holiday. Early Christians didn't want to participate, so they created a holiday of their own on the same day celebrating the birth of Christ.
Winter solstice occurs ar the same time as Christmas.
Pagan rituals were practiced on the solstice and even thee Christmas Tree is holdover from pagan practice.

None of which makes Christmas pagan.

Back