Ohh that home schooling

uscitizen

Villified User
Oct 14, 1:50 PM EDT

Girl, 14, found starving in home; parents charged

SEATTLE (AP) -- A father and stepmother were charged with withholding their 14-year-old daughter's food and water so drastically that she weighed only 48 pounds, authorities said.

Jon Pomeroy, 43, and his wife, Rebecca Long, 44, could face as much as four years in prison if convicted of criminal mistreatment, prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said. The couple were released on bail late Monday after the charges were brought.

The girl was removed from the family home near Carnation, about 20 miles east of Seattle, in August after a neighbor called child welfare authorities.

The veteran detective who investigated "said this is the worst case he's ever seen, especially for an ongoing pattern of abuse over several years," county sheriff's spokesman John Urquhart said.

According to prosecutors, Long confirmed to a deputy that she considered the girl a behavior problem and restricted her water as discipline. The woman said she had been home-schooling the girl and her 12-year-old brother for four years.

The girl, who is 4 feet 7 inches tall, told authorities that she was given primarily toast to eat and only about 6 ounces of water per day. She said her stepmother even watched when she brushed her teeth to make sure she didn't drink extra water.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GIRL_MISTREATMENT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Oct 14, 1:50 PM EDT

Girl, 14, found starving in home; parents charged

SEATTLE (AP) -- A father and stepmother were charged with withholding their 14-year-old daughter's food and water so drastically that she weighed only 48 pounds, authorities said.

Jon Pomeroy, 43, and his wife, Rebecca Long, 44, could face as much as four years in prison if convicted of criminal mistreatment, prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said. The couple were released on bail late Monday after the charges were brought.

The girl was removed from the family home near Carnation, about 20 miles east of Seattle, in August after a neighbor called child welfare authorities.

The veteran detective who investigated "said this is the worst case he's ever seen, especially for an ongoing pattern of abuse over several years," county sheriff's spokesman John Urquhart said.

According to prosecutors, Long confirmed to a deputy that she considered the girl a behavior problem and restricted her water as discipline. The woman said she had been home-schooling the girl and her 12-year-old brother for four years.

The girl, who is 4 feet 7 inches tall, told authorities that she was given primarily toast to eat and only about 6 ounces of water per day. She said her stepmother even watched when she brushed her teeth to make sure she didn't drink extra water.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GIRL_MISTREATMENT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Thats not home schooling, thats child abuse.

Yeah, but too often for comfort home schooling hides child abuse.

Now don't get me wrong not all home schooling is this way, but all too often to suit me. We need regular checks on those who home school. for the sake of the children, nothing else.

Yeah, but too often for comfort home schooling hides child abuse.

Now don't get me wrong not all home schooling is this way, but all too often to suit me. We need regular checks on those who home school. for the sake of the children, nothing else.

so you want government agents checking all homes who home school so you can protect children from abuse?

jesus h christ, why do we even have a constitution anymore?

so you want government agents checking all homes who home school so you can protect children from abuse?

jesus h christ, why do we even have a constitution anymore?

Yep. If that child had been in public schools or even a private one the problems would have been spotted and addfressed much sooner.

And I doubt if you and Jesus H. Christ have much in common.
He said let the children come unto me.

Not hide their abuse to protect scuzzy parents.

Yep. If that child had been in public schools or even a private one the problems would have been spotted and addfressed much sooner.

And I doubt if you and Jesus H. Christ have much in common.
He said let the children come unto me.

Not hide their abuse to protect scuzzy parents.

again, why do we need a constitution?

And what does that have to do with this ? The constitution says nothing at all about schools does it ?

no, which is why I question the very existence of the department of education. but I do remember something about secure in their homes and warrant. what the fuck do i know though, i only studied the constitution, didn't write it.

no, which is why I question the very existence of the department of education. but I do remember something about secure in their homes and warrant. what the fuck do i know though, i only studied the constitution, didn't write it.

Ohh consent should be automatic when you get permission to homeschool.

Push it to the absurd all you want. We must protect the children and keep them out of pubs.

yes, won't someone think of the children!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

any idiot that pushes for a law like that becomes my second target after shoot the government agent breaking in to my home thinking i've implied my consent for them to do so. :321:

Back