OJ and O'Lielly

Blackflag

From O'Lielly talking points on foxnews.com stating that Fox News Corp has nothing to do with the book or special.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230535,00.html

"The far left loons are also out in force as their Internet masters urge them to tie the FOX News Channel in with the Simpson situation. I've received scores of letters like this one from Fred in Indianapolis: "Mr. O'Reilly, you are a man of principle. Since FOX News is sponsoring the Simpson program, will you sever your ties with FOX News?"

Obviously Fred is a bit slow. FOX News has nothing to do with the Simpson situation. And Fred doesn't believe I am a man of principle either. He's a Kool-Aid zombie doing the bidding of far left fanatics who will do anything to disparage me and FNC."

Hmmmm guess who just cancelled the special and the book..

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/20/oj.cancel.ap/index.html

Right, Fox News was the one that did it... Rupert Murdoch was putting this on the regular network and those people didn't choose it...

Let's see what the Fox News people really had to say on the issue:

Bill O'Reilly, whose "The O'Reilly Factor" is the highest-rated show on Fox News, also decried the Simpson book and special. "If every American walked away from the O.J. garbage, it wouldn't happen," he said.

Geraldo Rivera, who covered the Simpson trial in 1994 and later joined Fox News, called the Simpson book "disgusting."

Mark Fuhrman, a former LAPD detective who testified during the Simpson trial and who is now a commentator for Fox News, lashed out at the book and TV show. "This is entertainment? Is this the lowest form of reality TV? What kind of people would do this? I have no idea, but I have no respect for anybody who would engage this man in anything except maybe a knife fight."

It doesn't appear that they were too happy about it, nor did it appear they feared for their jobs battling their own executives...

Another story of O'Reilly ripping Rupert...

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/472588p-397610c.html

Vowing to boycott any company that advertises on Fox's two-part special hyping O.J.'s "If I Did It," O'Reilly declared: "If every American walked away from the O.J. garbage, it wouldn't happen."

"I'm not going to watch the Simpson show or even look at the book," he added. "If any company sponsors the TV program, I will not buy anything that company sells - ever."

Hmmm... One of his famous boycotts. That must mean he was in on the decision process to put that on the air... :rolleyes:

Bill O'Liely is an employee of Fox..... as if he has ANY say in what that network airs....

and the decision makers at Fox News and the Fox TV network all work for Rupert..... for Fox News to claim some moral outrage at this stunt would be like MSNBC and CNBC to make that claim about something on NBC.... they are all the same fucking company!

Bill O'Liely is an employee of Fox..... as if he has ANY say in what that network airs....

and the decision makers at Fox News and the Fox TV network all work for Rupert..... for Fox News to claim some moral outrage at this stunt would be like MSNBC and CNBC to make that claim about something on NBC.... they are all the same fucking company!
Yet, each show has no direction over other shows on the network, and these people did speak out against the company that signed their paychecks...

Amazingly, although O'Reilly doesn't make choices on what will air across every network owned by this company, he was willing to say his piece about what he thought of the people who would make such a decision.

In one segment I saw he was literally shouting at an executive, "It's all about money! How can you say that it isn't?" blah, blah, etc...

Blaming O'Reilly for what execs air is like blaming me for a commercial that my company airs on TV. I have no part or control over it.

I am not blaming O'Liely for what airs on Fox...I merely laugh at his assertions that the folks that make the decisions at his network were not in on this thing.

Hmmm.. If it is like any other company there is a division between separate groups. Those in one do not make decisions for another. It's like saying that what happens in Long Distance is my fault when I work in BLS local services. If I were the manager at BLS, it simply wouldn't have any impact on choices made in other areas of the company.

I guess it depends on how high up he was talking about. It seems he was asserting that those managers that are specifically for Fox News didn't make these choices, that it was out of their hands.

Oh like the manager going from telling the employees in a meeting that he knew of now layoffs. Then presenting his layoff list to HR.
Technically he told the truth because the layoffs had not happened yet.

Why are you an O'Reilly apologist Damo ?

I am not saying that Fox News made any decisions, but they were certainly not unaware of this project.... to say they had "nothing to do with it" is not credible..... but damo....the ultimate contrarian.... fuck, you remind me of my first wife.... whatever side I landed on, she'd pick the opposite just for spite.

Oh like the manager going from telling the employees in a meeting that he knew of now layoffs. Then presenting his layoff list to HR.
Technically he told the truth because the layoffs had not happened yet.

Why are you an O'Reilly apologist Damo ?
Not particularly, it just seems clearly obvious that execs at one do not make choices for the other, just as with my company. I wouldn't even want the execs on the other side making decisions for me, they have no idea what my side needs or even does. They've never even heard of an LSR, etc.

I've watched O'Reilly about three times this year. I can't really be even called a "fan". His show gets boring.

Back