Okay... This has got to be a Darwin Award Moment...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
SAN FRANCISCO — The San Francisco Zoo was closed to visitors Wednesday as police investigated a tiger attack they say may have been provoked by visitors' taunting the animal, leaving one man dead and two brothers injured.

Police searched the zoo to ensure there were no others injured and no more animals out of their cages after the Christmas day attack in which the 300-pound tiger, Tatiana, escaped its cage.

One witness said at least one of the victims had provoked the tiger, which had been out of its cage an estimated 15 to 20 minutes, police said. Tatiana also ripped the flesh off a zookeeper's arm just before Christmas 2006.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318365,00.html

It was out of its cage?

And they taunted it?

Why wasn't the Zoo evacuated!
Entertainment value? I'd assume that they were not told the tiger was out until after the taunting and the amazing entertainment.

I wonder if the crowd clapped at first before they realized it was real...

SAN FRANCISCO — The San Francisco Zoo was closed to visitors Wednesday as police investigated a tiger attack they say may have been provoked by visitors' taunting the animal, leaving one man dead and two brothers injured.

Police searched the zoo to ensure there were no others injured and no more animals out of their cages after the Christmas day attack in which the 300-pound tiger, Tatiana, escaped its cage.

One witness said at least one of the victims had provoked the tiger, which had been out of its cage an estimated 15 to 20 minutes, police said. Tatiana also ripped the flesh off a zookeeper's arm just before Christmas 2006.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318365,00.html

"One witness said at least one of the victims had provoked the tiger"

Call PETA! Animal abuse!

Taunting a tiger? Deserving what? No human being deserves to be in the face of a tiger. Even if you taunt a tiger in a cage, that doesn't mean you should die, no matter how stupid I think your political ideology is. Without a good deal of luck, being face to face to face with a tiger means almost certain death.

It is nothing to joke about. No matter how ridiculous you make it.

Taunting a tiger? Deserving what? No human being deserves to be in the face of a tiger. Even if you taunt a tiger in a cage, that doesn't mean you should die, no matter how stupid I think your political ideology is. Without a good deal of luck, being face to face to face with a tiger means almost certain death.

It is nothing to joke about. No matter how ridiculous you make it.
The story, as it is written, says that they taunted the tiger when it was not in the cage. Some things are, as my mother would call it, "felony stupid".

Damocles...have you stopped to think that said "whomever" might be someone you might have wished would be someone other than the "whomever" you expected it to be?

Back