Oliver Wendell Holmes

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Was a goddamn fascist.

"Three generations of imbeciles are enough." - Oliver Wendell Holmes defending the compulsory sterilization of a retarded rape victim and her perfectly normal daughter

The entire twenties was like the most fascist era of human existence ever.

It was the "Progressives" that supported him anyway.

Amazing what people will tolerate in the name of progress.

Last edited:
It was the "Progressives" that supported him anyway.

Amazing what people will tolerate in the name of progress.

The Progressive movement supported some good things and an assload of fascist ones. Prohibition was a "progressive" accomplishment. The compulsory sterilization program, however, was the most crude and lowest out of all of them.

Holmes did make some good opinions, like when he changed his mind about free speech during war time (after the war, of course). But he had a serious fascist streak.

Him and Brandeis are still darlings of "progressive" types...

Well Three, I'd like to remind you that all the conservative justices concurred with him as well. Holmes concurrence was just particularly noted for its vulgar language.

Holmes and Brandeis defended free speech and Brandeis was way ahead of his time in citing a "right to privacy" in his ruling on wiretapping.

But as I said before, Holmes still had a severe fascist streak.

Last edited:
Well Three, I'd like to remind you that all the conservative justices concurred with him as well. Holmes concurrence was just particularly noted for its vulgar language.

Holmes and Brandeis defended free speech and Brandeis was way ahead of his time in citing a "right to privacy" in his ruling on wiretapping.

But as I said before, Holmes still had a sever fascist streak.
In a federal ruling, a right to privacy should be backed up by the constitution... Now if Brandeis was a SC justice of NY, he'd have made more sense...

Back