On old songs played near the Suwannee.... looky here Grind :)

Timshel

I would like to know how anyone can claim that some carpetbagger successfully disenfranchising the people of Florida counts as a win for Florida. This is nothing new for Republicans and the reason the Dixiecrats held this state after reconstruction had been repulsed. The Dixiecrats played the same tricks and were eventually out maneuvered. Since 2000 the Republicans have held enough power to do it again and have. I don't have much faith that the DNC would not do the same if they were somehow to regain control of this state, but that is not a reasonable concern at the moment.

Frankly, any one in Florida that votes for Romney is a traitor to their state and hates the sunshine. Unfortunately, the state stinks of moldy carpet.

I don't believe, as some do, that we need to get rid of the electoral college. There are many drawbacks to such a change and we should not implement change for the sake of change. We just need to be more honest and aware about how the system is gamed by both sides and punish those in our own parties who do it.

The relevant scripture for today...

KJ Cambridge Ed
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

New American Standard
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Addendum...

I could translate this into Ebonics, Y'allbonics or Spanglish but...

Someday, and hopefully soon, people will finally get Mencken, Twain, Haley or Stowe. Until then we are forced to conform to some hypocrites pattern of speech in order to maintain the pretense of superiority.

Please, let her be a hustla; baby, be a hustla
Hope my baby girl grows up to be a hustla
Let her be a hustla; baby, be a hustla
If not, then you're only a customer
Please, let him be a hustla; baby, be a hustla
Hope my baby boy grows up to be a hustla
Let him be a hustla; baby, be a hustla
If not, then you're only a customer

Read more at http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/vi...oxPdW5lcAqo.99

Send in the dazed and confused.

Last edited:
Maybe we should use something Grind may be capable of mocking though it is doubtful he get's the joke. Let's talk about the GENUIS of Tyler Perry and his brother from another mother Will Ferrell.

Yes it is simplistic. With our degrading knowledge of art/culture and our hectic lives that makes for some very deep stuff and over flowing pockets, if done sincerely! But it is time now for us to go into each others' theatres and think.

Don't watch it from the spraypaint or peanut gallery. Those guys may be a riot to you and I but they are blinding to those below Grind! Ike will some day eclipse the fourth graders, if he is allowed to do so. They will need to be eclipsed or the world will go dark and the laughter will stop.

Come on those big old boobies bouncing around were funny! Even moreso when you recognize the beauty beneath them. The man deserves to be filthy rich.

"Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth."

Nothing wrong with being first just don't become Ricky Booby.

Back