One of the best atheism quotes ever

cancel2 2022

Canceled
t4772383_700b_v1.jpg

Attachments

• t4772383_700b_v1.jpg
    t4772383_700b_v1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
In Exodus, the Egyptian gods were given some credence, and soothsayers could work magic on their name. Yahweh was merely the greatest. Over time, a strict belief in monotheism came along.

What do people mean when they say they 'believe' in god? Do they believe the god(s) actually exist(ed)? That they are supernatural? that they perform miracles? that they hold powers to shape the destinies of men? What exactly? Asians have a different god for just about everything...oh...so do Europeans and Americans.... only they are called saints! People pray to Vishnu or St. Peter, they pray to Jesus and his mum.
Next question. What do we mean by pray? Many people I know equate it with wishing. 'I pray for more money.' 'I pray for peace.'
Ask a child how to pray and it is all in the positioning of the hands and the bending of the knee. Americans (many) raise their arms in the air and scream and shout as if they are getting shafted. .... well, they are really!
Gervais has come relatively late to atheism, he says he 'converted' at the age of eight. I would hazard a guess that he 'converted' when he found he could make a 15 minute comedy spot out of it and earn big money.

Oh God, I want lots of money.
Easy, write a stand up routine denying me and you'll be rolling in it.

why do the board's atheists evangelize all the time....it's so annoying that these people feel the need to shove their religious beliefs into our faces.....

the beauty of Buddhism is it doesn't affirm or deny a god/gods. I does rely on karma.Karma is sum total of your thought/deeds/actions, in this and past lives.

we also believe the chi (bodily energy) either goes back for rebirth, but the way out of cyclical rebirth, is to SELF profect.

So you are in charge of your life, your life determines what happens when you die - no gods like in Egypt "weighing the heart".

It's simple/logical. (In order to attain Buddhahood, all bodhisattvas [i.e., those who aspire to become buddhas] have to perfect, during innumerable lives, these 10 paramitas: charity, morality, renunciation, wisdom, effort, patience, truth, determination, universal love, and equanimity.)

These are obtained thru adherence to the Nobel Path

Back