Ooooooooohhh Nooooooooo!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Da Macho Man hit a tree and the tree won!

It's a sad, sad day for rasslin fans. :(

RIP Macho Man......Say "Hey" too Ms. Elizabeth for us.

I saw this and felt a little sad. When he was at the height of his popularity, my kids had the WWF action figures. Brought back some fond memories of listening to small boys try to do the "Oh Yeah" thing. lol

Yea I know that's there's got to be a lot of guys who were kids in the 80's who are going to be bummed. What was neat bout Randy Poffo was he could turn the "Macho Man" character on and off and when he was in off mode he was a very intelligent and introspective guy. I saw him interviewed when he won Harvard's "Hasty Puddings Man of the Year" award and it was a hilarious interview. He was in full Macho Man regalia and he kept switching between his real personality and "The Macho Man" The poor interviewer never new what to expect when he asked a question. Would he get a thoughtful answer from Randy or would he get the atomic drop from the Macho Man.

I'm pretty redneck, but I didn't even know Ms. Elizabeth was dead. You keep up with this stuff, huh? ;)

Hey, it's okay Mott, many of these brats probably idolized the Macho Man when they were little.

When I worked in Memphis, our paper had a dedicated section in Sports for Pro Wrestling. Really!
I remember that too Dixie. I used to work in Blytheville about an hour north of Memphis for a couple of years and I subscribed to the Commercial Appeal. Rasslin was big time sports in Memphis. I don't follow rasslin to much. It's good fun entertainment. My Grandmother loved rasslin. Used to yell at the TV like the rasslers could hear her (it helped if she had a few beers before the match started) it was a lot of fun. I must have a good memory for current events. I think Ms. Elizabeth died of an OD in 2003.

Geebus. I removed all the War Zone stuff to the War zone and this thread went from six pages to one...

This thread is worthless without pictures.

well, I googled it......it must be either
images
or
Ms-Elizabeth-Ahlston.jpg

Back