Ooops: Bush posts a guide on how to build a nuclear bomb on the "Internets"

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Ooops: Bush posts a guide on how to build a nuclear bomb on the "Internets"

New York Times report that the federal government (under pressure from congressional repubs) put up a website on Iraqi war documents in hopes of leveraging the internet to "prove" that Saddam Hussein had WMD.

It turns out the documents also provide a guide to building an atom bomb.

...in recent weeks, the site has posted some documents that weapons experts say are a danger themselves: detailed accounts of Iraq’s secret nuclear research before the 1991 Persian Gulf war. The documents, the experts say, constitute a basic guide to building an atom bomb.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/03/world/middleeast/03cnd-documents.html

I wonder what information is more valuable to Osama?

1.)finding out that America might be trying to listen in to his phone conversations (as if he didn't know), or

2.)step by step instructions on how to build a nuclear weapon?

New York Times report that the federal government (under pressure from congressional repubs) put up a website on Iraqi war documents in hopes of leveraging the internet to "prove" that Saddam Hussein had WMD.

It turns out the documents also provide a guide to building an atom bomb.

...in recent weeks, the site has posted some documents that weapons experts say are a danger themselves: detailed accounts of Iraq’s secret nuclear research before the 1991 Persian Gulf war. The documents, the experts say, constitute a basic guide to building an atom bomb.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/03/world/middleeast/03cnd-documents.html

well if ya hang around here enough you wouldnt think bush was smart enough too use the internet !!!:D

Are you saying that excuses faux pas?
No. I am saying exactly what I said. I believe I remember them posting these to get help translating. I thought it was stupid back then too...

Intel should be gathered and processed by those with the proper training. I stated so then too.

GOP House Intelligence Committee Chariman Pete Hoekstra responsible for atomic bomb plans being published on Web

The nuclear program was eliminated by the Gulf War, but documents remained. Who demanded their release, and that they be posted on the Internets?

None other than House Intelligence Committee Chariman Pete "We found the WMD!" Hoekstra, who sang the praises of "leveraging the internet," i.e., throwing a political bone to right-wing bloggers who would invent connections between Saddam and al Qaeda,

http://americablog.blogspot.com/

Should not have been posted, but it does show that Saddam had plans. Not what the Times had hoped for I supect! LOL Backfire! Bush was right once again!

No. I am saying exactly what I said. I believe I remember them posting these to get help translating. I thought it was stupid back then too...

Intel should be gathered and processed by those with the proper training. I stated so then too.

Put it on the open internet to get it translated ??? Why are we paying for all those CIA, etc types then ?

Yeah, it backfired alright. I can't wait to see how this backfire is treaterd by a Democratically controlled Congress!

Back