Orioles 9 - Rays 10

Timshel

I went to the game yesterday. It was a good one. BJ made some excellent plays, the Rays kept coming back and in the end we got a walk off double from Rocco.

Best attended (+38K I think I heard) Rays game I have ever been too. There was a good wave going too. I don't really care for the wave, especially in baseball, but my fiance liked it.

This team is hot. The Yankees are toast and I don't see the Red Sox catching us with this staff, bench depth, hungry play and Evan coming back soon.

Playing yankees, Toronto, Boston, yankees, Boston and then Minnesota all through september you think you are going to keep that 4.5 lead?

I'm not saying you wont but september won't be a fun month for you. Yankees aren't super hot this year that's for sure, but it's not like you are playing baltimore, yankees are still going to make you work.

Your lead is going to get pretty swingy when you are basically playing A.L. east for the next month.

Playing yankees, Toronto, Boston, yankees, Boston and then Minnesota all through september you think you are going to keep that 4.5 lead?

I'm not saying you wont but september won't be a fun month for you. Yankees aren't super hot this year that's for sure, but it's not like you are playing baltimore, yankees are still going to make you work.

Your lead is going to get pretty swingy when you are basically playing A.L. east for the next month.

Yes. The Rays have done well against the best teams this year, especially since the break.

It doesn't matter how well you've done. If you lose a series you lose your lead by one. If you get swept you lose 3.

So? If you win a series you gain a game. If you sweep you gain 3. The Rays have not lost a series since the break.

I am not saying it's over (except for the Yanks, they are done), of course it is not. I just don't think we lose the lead. And I really doubt we miss the playoffs, with at least the wild card.

Angels are going to be a real bitch for whoever gets the wildcard (most likely sox)
Yeah, its nice that my Peewee division has such a strong first place contendor for the playoffs :) I predict the championship game will be between the Rays and the Angels. Whoever wins will likely be facing the Cubs.

i would have though the rays would have faded by now. 6 games against the sox coming up will determine what team is wc and what team is division winner.

I still think the angels are going to win the ws this year.

I know it's a long shot but I think it would be badass if it was dodgers/sox in the world series. TORRE, MANNY, NOMAR, LOWE, I mean COME ON. how SICK would that be?

I know it's a long shot but I think it would be badass if it was dodgers/sox in the world series. TORRE, MANNY, NOMAR, LOWE, I mean COME ON. how SICK would that be?

how is it a long shot? i think the dogers are a top 5 team in the nl to go to thw WS.

Redsox are a top 4 team in the AL.

I think its actually very possible.

The other possible scenarios are LA versus LA or CHI vs CHI.

Personally my call is angels cubs this year.

I don't think the angels will go to the world series this year.

It's just a hunch. Call it the law of unexpected results.

Back