Other than that, how was your meal?

Legion Troll

A fine upstanding poster
12804836_1090001877686683_1633802655917213068_n.jpg

Two diners were recently shocked to discover a photograph of a black man being lynched embedded in their table at Joe's Crab Shack in Roseville, Minnesota.

Tyrone Williams, 31, and Chauntyll Allen, 42, said they were hoping to have an early birthday dinner for another friend at the restaurant when they found the photograph of a lynching after being seated.

The photograph "had a cartoon character saying, 'All I said was I didn't like the gumbo'," Williams said.

The manager apologized for the photo and offered them a free meal, but they declined and said that they would no longer be dining at Joe's.

Allen said the restaurant's manager later contacted her and Williams "to try and clear up the situation by saying this was an execution rather than a lynching."

"We understand one of the photos used in our table décor at our Joe’s Crab Shack location in Roseville, MN, was offensive," Ignite's chief operations officer David Catalano told ABC affiliate KSTP in a statement. "We take this matter very seriously, and the photo in question was immediately removed," Catalano said. "We sincerely apologize to our guests who were disturbed by the image and we look forward to continuing to serve the Roseville community."

The City of Roseville also condemned the image, saying in a statement today: "The City condemns this type of display in the strongest possible terms and calls on Joe's Crab Shack to remove any and all racist imagery not only from its Roseville location, but all of its restaurants nationwide."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joes-crab-shack-fire-photo-black-mans-hanging/story?id=37580530

Yea I bet corporate management will send out a memo to all units to do a thorough house cleaning. I mean how stupid can you get. Even if it was a white man being executed it's still an offensive photograph and not appropriate for that setting. Who would want to sit down for dinner and see that picture? Not exactly the kind of picture that would stimulate a normal persons appetite.

Yea I bet corporate management will send out a memo to all units to do a thorough house cleaning. I mean how stupid can you get. Even if it was a white man being executed it's still an offensive photograph and not appropriate for that setting. Who would want to sit down for dinner and see that picture? Not exactly the kind of picture that would stimulate a normal persons appetite.

Very good points. However, I don't believe that if the person was white it would have ever been an issue. I bet dollars to donuts that nearly everyone who saw that photo didn't see the hanging. If the owner did and decided to put it up, he is a lousy businessman.

What I find perplexing about issues like this, is that, had the person been white, there would never have been an issue. Perhaps the ladies didn't know it was a hanging and reasonably believed that it was a lynching. Their point of view is not crazy, it is rather plausible. I don't see why this story made national headlines. Seems we are destined to never be color blind.

I would find it most intellectually stimulating.

I wonder how long this picture has been "hanging around" Joe's Crab Shack and how many Minnesotans had no problem eating off of that disgusting table.
I doubt it was just put there last week.

Very good points. However, I don't believe that if the person was white it would have ever been an issue. I bet dollars to donuts that nearly everyone who saw that photo didn't see the hanging. If the owner did and decided to put it up, he is a lousy businessman.

What I find perplexing about issues like this, is that, had the person been white, there would never have been an issue. Perhaps the ladies didn't know it was a hanging and reasonably believed that it was a lynching. Their point of view is not crazy, it is rather plausible. I don't see why this story made national headlines. Seems we are destined to never be color blind.
No I think it's pretty tasteless regardless of who was executed. It's an execution for Christ's sake. It's not appropriate for a public dinner establishment. Period.

Back