Overall I Feel Good about the Dems Takeover

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
Looks like some work on the deficit will finally take place despite the negative effects:
"Democratic budget hawks, especially the moderate-to-conservative "Blue Dogs," say that restoring the rule is crucial to curbing the budget deficit. Various forms of PAYGO were in place from 1990-2002, however, and Congress often found ways around it."

"If strictly enforced, the PAYGO rule would make it difficult for Democrats to pass increases in federal benefit programs such as Medicare. In the near term, it would mean Democrats' bill to cut student loan rates will be less generous than they'd like. The rule would also threaten efforts to extend Bush's tax cuts, most of which expire at the end of 2010."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/05/congress.rdp.ap/index.html

Bush will finally be told NO!

"Democratic congressional leaders have signaled that any plan to send more U.S. troops to Iraq may not be supported on Capitol Hill."

All in all, not a bad start.

Go Pelosi!

miniumum wage, stem cell research, lobbying reform, paygo rules, allowing government to negotiate drug prices, etc.

this agenda is light-years ahead of last year's republican agenda: banning gay marriage, banning flag burning, and abortion.

Tell me about it. Its like they are doing stuff that's.......{gasp} :shock: relevant.......

I don't know how to handle this. For the last 6 years, my emotions have been nothing but outrage and fustration when I read about congress and the WH. This is going to be big shock for me to go through.

Seriously.

I just think pelosi is so classy and all and she just rocks....

finally real issues being taken care of... i just wish bush would have been held accountable for his lies into Iraq.

I just think pelosi is so classy and all and she just rocks....

finally real issues being taken care of... i just wish bush would have been held accountable for his lies into Iraq.

Exactly. I don't understand the mentality of "letting by gones be by gones" when our top leaders mislead and knowingly break important laws.

"As they tell each other to "pass the n! gger nuts"."

Now that is a bit un-lady like. I thought you were better than that :(

Back