Pandemic/supply chain failure/inflation prep

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
We have converted a bedroom into a storage room, as we work to have a year supply of everything on hand.

WHAT ABOUT U?

I am a big fan of what was once the common practice of keeping a full deep freezer.

Now if only the power does not go out for too many days, increasingly a problem.

I do not either, your poor reading comprehension disappoints.

yes you have other things in your spare room as well.

but even with the current supply interruptions a years worth seems a little extravagant.

Its unlikely to come to a complete stop and its mainly imports. A year of "everything" goes well past imports.

I'd go for a year's worth of ammunition. Thats a pretty good hedge against severe need. Does get kinda heavy though.

I am a big fan of what was once the common practice of keeping a full deep freezer.

Now if only the power does not go out for too many days, increasingly a problem.

yes power is another issue. there is always solar, it can keep some portion of your electrical needs online.

yes power is another issue. there is always solar, it can keep some portion of your electrical needs online.

And for now since I dont live in CA gas generators, which can be tied into the house system. If I were younger and expecting to live longer then I would do it.

yes you have other things in your spare room as well.

but even with the current supply interruptions a years worth seems a little extravagant.

Its unlikely to come to a complete stop and its mainly imports. A year of "everything" goes well past imports.

I'd go for a year's worth of ammunition. Thats a pretty good hedge against severe need. Does get kinda heavy though.

We are clearly being lied to about Consumer inflation, it might already be 15% and it is going up fast, with no brakes in sight.

Laying in large stores of supplies makes sense on that plane alone.

We are clearly being lied to about Consumer inflation, it might already be 15% and it is going up fast, with no brakes in sight.

Laying in large stores of supplies makes sense on that plane alone.

agreed inflation is worse and only going to get more worse. But its just me now so I just dont use that much.

Noticed the local Dollar Store shelves were pretty empty today but was at the IGA yesterday and they were well stocked … except I could find any monkfruit sweetener.

Interruptions in the supply chain are also affecting personal property taxes too…not in a good way. Some are paying as much as 20% more.

Noticed the local Dollar Store shelves were pretty empty today but was at the IGA yesterday and they were well stocked … except I could find any monkfruit sweetener.

Interruptions in the supply chain are also affecting personal property taxes too…not in a good way. Some are paying as much as 20% more.

Inflation is really starting to rip at family finances....dollars stores are going to be very popular again.

Back