Parents

cawacko

Man, it is sad to me to see how some parents treat their children in public. Was just at McDonald's (and I know Mickey D's isn't exactly high end but this particular one seems to attract the low of the low) and this guy is yelling, and I mean yelling so the whole place can hear, at his kid who looks to be three years old "I will beat your ass if you don't eat your food". Kid looks like he's about to cry and the dad stands up and acts as if he is going to take off his belt and yells "if you cry and i will take you to the restroom and whip your ass until you can't walk".

I seriously wanted to go kick this guys ass. It was painful to watch. Who the f does that to their kid, especially publically?

i've seen people like that all over the place. doesn't matter the ethnicity, age...well, don't think i've seen grannies acting like that....anyway....its horrible. i want to kick their ass too.

just today, i went downtown and this fuckall dad was telling (very loud and annoying voice, not quite yell, but close) his little girl, who was skipping up on the brick rail (above the sidewalk, perhaps 12 inches) that this is not focusing, not concentrating on what is going on. she should be back on the sidewalk and focusing.

i'm glad thoughts are not a crime

Man, it is sad to me to see how some parents treat their children in public. Was just at McDonald's (and I know Mickey D's isn't exactly high end but this particular one seems to attract the low of the low) and this guy is yelling, and I mean yelling so the whole place can hear, at his kid who looks to be three years old "I will beat your ass if you don't eat your food". Kid looks like he's about to cry and the dad stands up and acts as if he is going to take off his belt and yells "if you cry and i will take you to the restroom and whip your ass until you can't walk".

I seriously wanted to go kick this guys ass. It was painful to watch. Who the f does that to their kid, especially publically?
Do you have kids Wacko?

Unfortunately you don't have to pass a test to be a parent.
I'm not quick to criticize since I don't have any kids. I know my one sister was bull headed, stubborn, ornery, contrary and just plain mean to an extreme. She would goad and provoke my parents until they would....well yell at her and take their belt off and beat her ass. I can't think of a single time it happened that she didn't desperately deserve it. Same to a lesser extent with my brother. He was always mouthy and didn't know when to shut up and even after he'd been warned multiple times that he'd crossed a line with his big mouth, he'd keep mouthing off....and then he'd get his ass whipped. That carried over into adult life as I've seen him get his ass kicked on several occassions cause he didn't know when to shut up. So not that I approve of parents abusing their children....having come from a family where all the kids were a bunch of highly intelligent and independent minded primadonna pains in the asses I'm simply amazed we didn't get drowned by our parents. So I'm usually willing to give the parents the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the little terrorist.

I'm not quick to criticize since I don't have any kids. I know my one sister was bull headed, stubborn, ornery, contrary and just plain mean to an extreme. She would goad and provoke my parents until they would....well yell at her and take their belt off and beat her ass. I can't think of a single time it happened that she didn't desperately deserve it. Same to a lesser extent with my brother. He was always mouthy and didn't know when to shut up and even after he'd been warned multiple times that he'd crossed a line with his big mouth, he'd keep mouthing off....and then he'd get his ass whipped. That carried over into adult life as I've seen him get his ass kicked on several occassions cause he didn't know when to shut up. So not that I approve of parents abusing their children....having come from a family where all the kids were a bunch of highly intelligent and independent minded primadonna pains in the asses I'm simply amazed we didn't get drowned by our parents. So I'm usually willing to give the parents the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the little terrorist.

So am I, but making a public display out of humiliating your kid isn't going to get the message across.

So am I, but making a public display out of humiliating your kid isn't going to get the message across.
Yea I agree. I just know some families that yelling is kind of a tradition. We never yelled at each other in our family unless we were very angry about something but I know some families that can't talk to each other with out yelling. I used to take that kind of personal, then I figured out that some people aren't trying to get a message across, they just like yelling.

Three years old! I'd want to report him to child protective services. If he's not ashamed of threatening her with a belt in a public place, who knows what goes on at home. This is just so sad it's bringing me to tears.

Three years old! I'd want to report him to child protective services. If he's not ashamed of threatening her with a belt in a public place, who knows what goes on at home. This is just so sad it's bringing me to tears.

It made me sad sitting there. I don't make it a habit to go around judging other parents. In this instance the guy and his two kids ordered next to me in line and the three year old was not acting up. And then when sitting there trying to eat and this dad is yelling at close to the top of his lungs so that everyone in the restaurant can here it is hard not to pay attention. You could see the fear in the kids eyes.

I get as a parent there may be times you have to do something like that such as when you are trying to teach your child the danger of running into street or something that could be life threatening. But not eating your food at McDonald's when the kid says he's not hungry? Still thinking about the kid this morning. I feel bad.

If your kid won't eat their food, don't make them. Statistically you're going to have a problem keeping them non-obese in the future, so you may as well be thankful for the headstart.

Back