APP - Passenger: Was cuffed, searched over 'appearance'

Yesterday I am riding the subway in Philly when a young man who appears to be from the middle east gets on board with an large backpack. I carry one too when I travel. I look at his bag and he looks at me. I do not know what filled his mind but I thought of Britain and the warning signs not to leave a bag behind that used to be seen on the trains. I saw no signs this past week. He does not explode and we arrive safely in center city. I am not a paranoid person but the power of information often fills our head with odd thoughts and weird fears.

Yesterday I am riding the subway in Philly when a young man who appears to be from the middle east gets on board with an large backpack. I carry one too when I travel. I look at his bag and he looks at me. I do not know what filled his mind but I thought of Britain and the warning signs not to leave a bag behind that used to be seen on the trains. I saw no signs this past week. He does not explode and we arrive safely in center city. I am not a paranoid person but the power of information often fills our head with odd thoughts and weird fears.

If you were an employee of NPR you would be fired for admitting you even thought of that.

Back