Pastor offers accused stepson `restorative grace'

uscitizen

Villified User
Pastor offers accused stepson `restorative grace'

DALLAS (AP) -- Megachurch pastor T.D. Jakes told his congregation Sunday that he would provide "help, support and restorative grace" to his stepson, who was accused of exposing himself to two undercover detectives last month.

Police accused Jermaine Jakes, 29, of exposing himself Jan. 3 in a public park near the Dallas megachurch that his stepfather leads. He was charged with a misdemeanor count of indecent exposure.

If convicted, he faces up to six months in jail and a $2,000 fine. His attorney, Faith Johnson, did not immediately return a phone message left at her office Sunday afternoon.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/J/JAKES_STEPSON_ARREST?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Don't cops have anything better to do than to troll around asking people to unzip their pants? Is their really no policing priority higher than this? This is the biggest issue facing Texas today - people unzipping their pants in front of willing and consenting viewers? Texas must spend at least half its policing budget on putting gays in jail.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it a coincidence that a pastor's son accused of exposing himself has a lawyer called "Faith Johnson"?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it a coincidence that a pastor's son accused of exposing himself has a lawyer called "Faith Johnson"?

It was cause for a chuckle. Not surprising that she hadn't responded to a message left on her office answering machine on a Sunday, though. There are some businesses in Texas, and probably elsewhere, that don't open their doors on Sundays. Their stated reason is to give their employees time for "worship and family". Hobby Lobby, Chick fil'A, are two that come to mind.

Chick fil-A does that nation-wide. Their owner is an ultra-conservative Christian named Trewitt Cathy. He donates huge amounts of money to Christian charities and faith-oriented political groups.

I love the chicken, but I personally choose not to patronize them and subsidize my enemies.

Chick fil-A does that nation-wide. Their owner is an ultra-conservative Christian named Trewitt Cathy. He donates huge amounts of money to Christian charities and faith-oriented political groups.

I love the chicken, but I personally choose not to patronize them and subsidize my enemies.

I always go to raising Cains for my chicken, but thanks for the information. Now I know not to go there.

Their ads are great, though! I haven't seen their calendars for 3 or 4 years, but they were hilarious. I share similar thoughts on financially supporting extreme philosophies, though.

I always go to raising Cains for my chicken, but thanks for the information. Now I know not to go there.

I thought you already knew this from FP threads where we discussed fast food with Brent? Hell, I had never even heard of Chick Fil-A until he brought it up. I've still never so much as seen one, and can only assume there aren't any in the Seattle and Olympia areas...

Back