Pelosi is one classy lady

you have to admit.... i mean she looks great for her age, and on top of that is one sharp dresser... she wears great clothes, does her makeup right, and is very pretty.

you make her out to be like she's this woman who dresses like trash, and all..

she's a great speaker, she knows whats going on... i don't know why she's painted so badly by republicans... SHE DRESSES LIKE ONE OF YOU

you have to admit.... i mean she looks great for her age, and on top of that is one sharp dresser... she wears great clothes, does her makeup right, and is very pretty.

you make her out to be like she's this woman who dresses like trash, and all..

she's a great speaker, she knows whats going on... i don't know why she's painted so badly by republicans... SHE DRESSES LIKE ONE OF YOU

she reminds me of an old nag

She is a limo lib and a multi millionare, I hope she dresses well. But not exactly a good reason to support her.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi,
D-San Francisco

Position: House minority leader.

House salary: $171,900.

Major assets: St. Helena vineyard, $5 million to $25 million; real estate option on a property on Broadway in San Francisco, $1 million to $5 million; townhouse in Norden, near Lake Tahoe, $1 million to $5 million; 8-acre vineyard in Rutherford that Pelosi recently sold for $1 million to $5 million. All properties are jointly owned with her husband, Paul Pelosi.

Liabilities: St. Helena vineyard mortgage of $1 million to $5 million.

Miscellaneous: Paul Pelosi also owns commercial property in San Francisco and San Anselmo valued at $5 million to $25 million. He also has major stock holdings that include $250,000 to $500,000 in shares of Amazon.com and Alliance Gaming Corp., which makes slot machines, and $100,000 to $250,000 of shares in Microsoft and Comcast.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/26/BAG7B7CDMQ1.DTL

Pelosi, who is married to investor Paul Pelosi, has amassed a large portfolio of jointly owned real estate, including three properties in the Napa Valley. They sold an 8-acre vineyard on Skellenger Lane in Rutherford last year for $1 million to $5 million, according to her disclosure form.

Paul Pelosi's holdings include a four-story commercial building on Belden Place in San Francisco, a retail and office building on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in San Anselmo and an ownership stake in the Auberge du Soleil resort in Napa Valley valued at $1 million to $5 million. He also has millions of dollars of shares in publicly traded companies such as Microsoft, Amazon. com and AT&T.

The couple estimated their total assets to be worth $25 million to $102 million last year, with liabilities of $6 million to $31 million. Assets are reported in broad ranges on the disclosure forms, making it difficult to determine a lawmaker's exact net worth

She's smart and reasonably articulate, albeit too conservative for my taste. I'll give her this though: she's a damn sight tougher than her counterparts in the Senate, Boxer and Feinstein.

I think she'll make a good Speaker of the House, willing to take the administration on where it counts. Could be worse choices for the first female Speaker. A lot worse.

I am hoping that she can get a minimum wage increase passed and the prescription drug bill changed in the first 100 hours. I really can't see what most Republicans on here see as so demonic about those two changes. About 70 percent of the country wants to see them done.

But 90% of the effected corporations do not want them done....
And we know who runs our govt under Bush.

I am hoping that she can get a minimum wage increase passed and the prescription drug bill changed in the first 100 hours. I really can't see what most Republicans on here see as so demonic about those two changes. About 70 percent of the country wants to see them done.
Yeah, and she's plenty canny enough to see those as opportunities. I think your hope is not at all unreasonable.

She's smart and reasonably articulate, albeit too conservative for my taste. I'll give her this though: she's a damn sight tougher than her counterparts in the Senate, Boxer and Feinstein.

I think she'll make a good Speaker of the House, willing to take the administration on where it counts. Could be worse choices for the first female Speaker. A lot worse.

My how differences of opinion about the same person exist. I would say, "Way to liberal for my taste. Therein is the divide in this country and among the parties even, me thinks.

OK us, I just spit coffee all over my screen. Got any paper towels?:)

I will fax you one :)
Yep ornot one does have to wonder whom would be the most offended. Probably pretty equal. that is why they have not spoken to each other in years. Ever see pelosi on coulters show ?

My how differences of opinion about the same person exist. I would say, "Way to liberal for my taste. Therein is the divide in this country and among the parties even, me thinks.

Oh yeah we have a divided country, and the split has been widened by unnecessary partisan rhetoric of late, by our leaders no less.

No offense but . . . well, duh! I believe that the word you're hunting for is "polarization."

:D

I've seen the country more polarized than this. Anyone my age or older has. It ain't the end of the world. It does mean, however, that compromise is going to be tough.

Real liberals -- and Nancy just barely qualifies on that score, no matter what the papers may say -- have been almost entirely shut out of national political discourse for the past 20 years. The time has come, however, for the correction.

As the Romulans said to Capt. Picard, we're back. ;)

that is ok leaning, I had the same problem with the Republican one or two or three.. Darn how many has it been lately anyway ?

Back