Pentagon missing A very important post for a whole year

I read that and fully agree with Maine. How convenient for the Bush admin. No wonder about 9 billion is missing in Iraq. No bid contracts, etc....
the war has been a big handout for a select few.

I wonder. He appointed somebody that is being blocked, it doesn't seem all that convenient to anybody.

Now, sources tell NBC News, bureaucratic in-fighting and resistance from a prominent U.S. senator have stalled and possibly scuttled the confirmation of a hard-charging prosecutor who was nominated months ago for the top job.

In June, President Bush nominated a new Pentagon inspector general, choosing a federal prosecutor with a reputation for aggressively prosecuting terrorists. But congressional sources say his nomination is in peril, delayed by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., and infighting by the acting Pentagon inspector general. The upshot, the sources say, is that the Pentagon will likely continue to operate without a top watchdog for months to come -- even as wars rage in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Pentagon's budget swells to more than $400 billion a year.

Seems there is one D Senator blocking it... Did you really read the story?

Not the whole thing actually, just the first part , embaressment....
Hmm have to read it all I guess. That demoncrat must have some irons in the fire as well. You know me, hang any corrupt politico, I'm a non partisan on corruption for sure.

yeah...we need a guy who knows how to prosecute terrorists as our IG for the DoD. That makes lots of sense. I bet he is as qualified for that job as Meirs was for the Supremes...but he's a Bush butt buddy, no doubt.

maybe the single senator knows something about the nominee that others don't.... I don't have a clue and neither do you.....

how the fuck should I know ...I made an observation that it is just like Bush to appoint folks not all that qualified for their jobs....Miers, and Brownie come to mind... do you really want to dispute that observation?

Do you really want to say categorically, that Bush did not nominate someone flawed for the express purpose of having some senator object and thus continue to give the foxes of the military industrial complex unfettered access to the henhouse of the pentagon budget?

maybe the single senator knows something about the nominee that others don't.... I don't have a clue and neither do you.....

how the fuck should I know ...I made an observation that it is just like Bush to appoint folks not all that qualified for their jobs....Miers, and Brownie come to mind... do you really want to dispute that observation?

Do you really want to say categorically, that Bush did not nominate someone flawed for the express purpose of having some senator object and thus continue to give the foxes of the military industrial complex unfettered access to the henhouse of the pentagon budget?
Had he done that more than the one Senator would be objecting maineman. There would be loud objection and continuous from the Ds. We've seen it before, it is easy to predict.

Back