People can be intelligent and stupid at the same time

uscitizen

Villified User
Astronaut Charged With Kidnap Attempt

Feb 6, 6:31 AM (ET)

By MIKE SCHNEIDER

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An astronaut drove 900 miles and donned a disguise to confront a woman she believed was her rival for the affections of a space shuttle pilot, police said. She was arrested Monday and charged with attempted kidnapping and other counts.

U.S. Navy Capt. Lisa Nowak, 43, who flew last July on a shuttle mission to the international space station, was also charged with attempted vehicle burglary with battery, destruction of evidence and battery. She was denied bail and is scheduled to make a court appearance Tuesday.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070206/D8N46ELO0.html

Wow, the psychologists really missed it on that one. The shrinks have to check out every astronaut to see if they have a probability of becoming unstable. They didn't earn their money this time.

I was talking about this morning with a friend.

She should have stuck with the classics, slashing a few tires, spreading rumors that he has an s td, a nice little photo shop

CNN: "Nowak wore a diaper during the 14-hour drive so that she wouldn't have to stop for bathroom breaks, the report said. Astronauts wear what NASA calls maximum-absorbency garments to collect their waste during space travel."

LOL

this gal is seriously whacked out!

I never thought about it, but I guess when you're taking off you really can't go to the bathroom for a while. I could totally see myself as the one who has to go when they are on 3 or 4 of the countdown.

Back