Philips Wins $10M USD Gov't L-Prize for World's Most Efficient Light Bulb

:palm:

"The new bulb retails for $49.95 USD, nearly 50% more expensive. The bulb is assembled in the U.S. from components manufactured in Shenzhen, China."

Dweebway you idiot. This contest started under the Bush administration! I Bet you start singing a different tune now? Hell the test phase alone began over 3 years ago. This is just another step in the logical progression of technology development and transfer that will see a change from Incandescent and Fluorescent lamp technology to the more efficient LED technology. Also, in terms of total cost to own and operate even at $50/lamp with a 30,000 hour life time and only 10 wattage of electrical consumption the lamp saves $150 over it's lifetime vs an incandescent lamp that produces a comparable amount of lumens. So it is all ready more cost affective than an incandescent lamp and this is just the developmental stage of this technology.

You'd better stick to your bigoted form of wingnut partisanship cause you don't know shit about technology.

Dweebway you idiot. This contest started under the Bush administration! I Bet you start singing a different tune now? Hell the test phase alone began over 3 years ago. This is just another step in the logical progression of technology development and transfer that will see a change from Incandescent and Fluorescent lamp technology to the more efficient LED technology. Also, in terms of total cost to own and operate even at $50/lamp with a 30,000 hour life time and only 10 wattage of electrical consumption the lamp saves $150 over it's lifetime vs an incandescent lamp that produces a comparable amount of lumens. So it is all ready more cost affective than an incandescent lamp and this is just the developmental stage of this technology.

You'd better stick to your bigoted form of wingnut partisanship cause you don't know shit about technology.

He doesn't know much about anything it seems except bigotry.

Last edited:

I read the article you asslicker, the whole idea of paying 50 fucking dollars for a fucking lightbulb is just insane. You are spouting the same shit that the green weenies did about the CFL bulbs, that they would last so long and be great for the environment. I probably have replaced them more than I ever did with the good old fashion incandescent light bulbs.

I read the article you asslicker, the whole idea of paying 50 fucking dollars for a fucking lightbulb is just insane. You are spouting the same shit that the green weenies did about the CFL bulbs, that they would last so long and be great for the environment. I probably have replaced them more than I ever did with the good old fashion incandescent light bulbs.
Well you're a fucking moron then who doesn't know how to do math. The real cost of a light bulb isn't the fucking cost of the lamp. It's the amount of electricity it uses over the life time of that lamp. Derp, derp.

Did you read this?

http://www.dailytech.com/New+NearPr...ulb+Lasts+60+Years+Costs+285/article14094.htm

Back