Picked up $10k in Truth Social stock this morning

Joe

For $15.32 a share.

If Trump wins I will sell it for double the day after the election. If he loses I will sell it for $12 the day after the election losing about $3k.

It's really a bet on the election getting 4-1 odds. I know many of you idiots here who don't understand gambling or can do basic math will mock me now but I have my flame suit on.

This thread will still be up the day after the election so there's no hiding from it good, bad or ugly.

Sounds like a reasonable bet to me.

When reading it, though, I thought of Robbie Burns line, “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.”

Your upside is excellent; your downside limited. Unfortunately it is limited to $10,000.

Sounds like a reasonable bet to me.

When reading it, though, I thought of Robbie Burns line, “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.”

Your upside is excellent; your downside limited. Unfortunately it is limited to $10,000.
Those are the educated guess part of the gamble. The basement and ceiling.

I could have already sold it this afternoon for $16.80 and made almost a grand!

If it gets any higher tomorrow I may just do that and call it good.

For $15.32 a share.

If Trump wins I will sell it for double the day after the election. If he loses I will sell it for $12 the day after the election losing about $3k.

It's really a bet on the election getting 4-1 odds. I know many of you idiots here who don't understand gambling or can do basic math will mock me now but I have my flame suit on.

This thread will still be up the day after the election so there's no hiding from it good, bad or ugly.
It will be a penny stock by the time the election rolls around. trump cashes out in two weeks.

For $15.32 a share.

Trump Media -
It's not an investment. It's a gamble!!

Those are the educated guess part of the gamble. The basement and ceiling.

I could have already sold it this afternoon for $16.80 and made almost a grand!

If it gets any higher tomorrow I may just do that and call it good.
The problem with your gamble is your assumption on the downside. You assume a reasonable market for DJT the day after the election. Current volume is less than 8M shares a day. It wouldn't surprise me to see DJT trading halted at least once on the day after the election and over 40M shares trading. If holders panic and start selling, you could see no buyers and the stock could drop to less than $6 in the first hour of trading.

The question you don't know the answer to is who owns the shares and how willing those owners are to hold on to them if Trump loses.

The problem with your gamble is your assumption on the downside. You assume a reasonable market for DJT the day after the election. Current volume is less than 8M shares a day. It wouldn't surprise me to see DJT trading halted at least once on the day after the election and over 40M shares trading. If holders panic and start selling, you could see no buyers and the stock could drop to less than $6 in the first hour of trading.

The question you don't know the answer to is who owns the shares and how willing those owners are to hold on to them if Trump loses.
Ok you guys made me nervous so I sold it this morning for $16.99. $1038 profit in 48 hours.

Orange man very good!

Time will tell if this was a good move or not. Buying it certainly was.

The reason I was able to buy it so low is people panicked after the debate but got over it.

Ok you guys made me nervous so I sold it this morning for $16.99. $1038 profit in 48 hours.

Orange man very good!

The reason I was able to buy it so low is people panicked after the debate but got over it.
Yeah. Stocks prices are driven by emotions in the short term which can make for great buying opportunities but can also make for panic failures.

Yeah. Stocks prices are driven by emotions in the short term which can make for great buying opportunities but can also make for panic failures.
When Rumble first went public I bought $10k at 11 dollars and something. The next day they offered Joe Rogan some ridiculous number and the stock jumped to $18 and I sold it. Rogan said no and it immediately fell back to where it was. All in like 48 hours.

You're right when a stock takes a tumble for no other reason than emotions it's usually a good time to buy it for a quick buck.

But of course there's risk so you have to not use rent money.

Had I held that rumble shit stock until today it's going for like 6 bucks.:)

When Rumble first went public I bought $10k at 11 dollars and something. The next day they offered Joe Rogan some ridiculous number and the stock jumped to $18 and I sold it. Rogan said no and it immediately fell back to where it was. All in like 48 hours.

You're right when a stock takes a tumble for no other reason than emotions it's usually a good time to buy it for a quick buck.

But of course there's risk so you have to not use rent money.

Had I held that rumble shit stock until today it's going for like 6 bucks.:)
About the same value $10K of DJT bought today will have in a couple of years.

Reactions: Joe

Orange man very good!

Congratulations, Joe. When I worked on Wall Street, I did lots of day trading. Most of the guys working in the business did. It was very, very exciting...and often profitable.

We also did a lot of commodity trading. My advice: Stay away from commodities.

Reactions: Joe
For $15.32 a share.

It's a reasonable bet. Should be a potentially good pay out IF two independent events occur: IF Trump wins and IF Truth Social becomes more than just a meme stock and actually becomes a real business.

If either of those fail to happen you lose. And since probabilities are multiplicative you might have bit off more than you can chew. But if you can afford to pitch $3k that's cool.

For $15.32 a share.

I love this for you

Orange man very good!

Good Luck, you're going to need it.

Orange man very good!

Just checking in again. It will be interesting to see what your profit/loss would have been come November.

The stock took a jump when Trump said he wasn't going to sell his shares but is back down once the euphoria of that claim wore off. It will be interesting to see if Trump holds to that statement or starts to sell stock.

Back