Pissed off!

Timshel

We went to Orlando last week to visit Universal. As usual, we stayed in a cheap hotel, Monumental Movieland Hotel (I did not choose it... first mistake). I am not a picky guy and certainly no neat freak. But this place was disgusting. The mold and mildew were extreme. You expect some of that in a cheap hotel in Florida, what with the humidity, but this was overwhelming. The rooms were not very clean and the pool area was crummy. On top of that the exterior doors were left open all day and many were faulty leaving them unsecured at night.

We thought about leaving right away, but figured we would be out our room rate... second mistake. That would have been a bargain as they overcharged us by a $150. For that, you can get into a pretty nice hotel in Orlando.

I have been calling now for three days seeking some sort of resolution. The manager is supposedly never there. I have left countless messages and have yet to have my call returned.

If I don't get my money back and maybe even if I do, I plan to be over there for a few weekends with a megaphone and a sign, doing my best to drive off their customers. It's not even about the money anymore.

Crooked bastards.

I am sure the lefties will take this opportunity to argue that we only need more government regulations, which is big pile of horseshit. My response, how about busting these fuckers for theft. How many more useless laws and jobseekers do we need before the state does it's job? You are a bunch of idiots who have some unfounded faith in the benevolence of the state. The government exists to protect the interests of the biggest crooks, jail the little ones or those who put up much of a fuss and collect a paycheck. That's it. They are not imbued with some higher motive.

Hopefully, they want arrest me, but I will be surprised if the crooks don't call out there armed mercenaries to bully me.

We went to Orlando last week to visit Universal. As usual, we stayed in a cheap hotel, Monumental Movieland Hotel (I did not choose it... first mistake). I am not a picky guy and certainly no neat freak. But this place was disgusting. The mold and mildew were extreme. You expect some of that in a cheap hotel in Florida, what with the humidity, but this was overwhelming. The rooms were not very clean and the pool area was crummy. On top of that the exterior doors were left open all day and many were faulty leaving them unsecured at night.

We thought about leaving right away, but figured we would be out our room rate... second mistake. That would have been a bargain as they overcharged us by a $150. For that, you can get into a pretty nice hotel in Orlando.

I have been calling now for three days seeking some sort of resolution. The manager is supposedly never there. I have left countless messages and have yet to have my call returned.

If I don't get my money back and maybe even if I do, I plan to be over there for a few weekends with a megaphone and a sign, doing my best to drive off their customers. It's not even about the money anymore.

Crooked bastards.

I am sure the lefties will take this opportunity to argue that we only need more government regulations, which is big pile of horseshit. My response, how about busting these fuckers for theft. How many more useless laws and jobseekers do we need before the state does it's job? You are a bunch of idiots who have some unfounded faith in the benevolence of the state. The government exists to protect the interests of the biggest crooks, jail the little ones or those who put up much of a fuss and collect a paycheck. That's it. They are not imbued with some higher motive.

Hopefully, they want arrest me, but I will be surprised if the crooks don't call out there armed mercenaries to bully me.

With nothing better to do I did a Google on the hotel. I hope you didn't order pizza. :)

This is the first review.

"After a day of having fun, my grandkids wanted pizza. A flier had been left in our room so I ordered. I got a call from the "driver" that he was in the lobby and there was no room 265. Then, he told me to f myself and I wasn't getting my order. I took the flyer to the front desk and it was grabbed by the girl there who said they have "tried to stop them" before. Apparently, this pizza place enters through all the unlocked outside doors of the hotel and slides the flyers under the room doors. Why are they allowed to walk into this hotel to begin with?? Needless to say, I was at my bank first thing this morning trying to get the charge reversed!!! They are theives and I've called Orlando police to investigate. I almost felt the hotel was involved."
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...vieLand-Orlando_Florida.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

Crooked bastards.

You get what you pay for.

I just left key largo after and awesome week of kayak and deepsea fishing. My wife booked a fucking palacial luxury condo for 250 night. Amazing what an extra 75 will get you over a dump for 175.

I just left key largo after and awesome week of kayak and deepsea fishing. My wife booked a fucking palacial luxury condo for 250 night. Amazing what an extra 75 will get you over a dump for 175.

I don't see the use since, I am not staying in the hotel for long anyway. If they had charged me the agreed rate, I would barely care. Enough not to stay again, but certainly not enough to raise a fuss.

It's absurd to excuse theft with "you get what you pay for" responses.

Well I believe in creating a government we can trust. By immediately declaring that the government can do no good and not doing anything to improve things beyond that point, you're making yourself just another part of the problem.

Well I believe in creating a government we can trust.

And I believe in creating a pig that flies.

By immediately declaring that the government can do no good and not doing anything to improve things beyond that point, you're making yourself just another part of the problem.

I have not argued that the government can do no good. They could by simply enforcing current laws. They won't and giving them ever greater power only makes the problem worse.

The truth is private organizations have offered far better protections from such abuses. It would not likely have happened if I had picked the hotel.

Anyway I finally got through to the manager/owner jerk. He says he'll look into it and get back to me by Monday. I doubt it will be resolved to my liking, but I will wait another week to visit.

Back