Pit Bull strikes yet again.

uscitizen

Villified User
Pit Bull Mauls Boy's Foot; Mom Charged

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- The mother of a 4-year-old boy whose foot was mauled by the family's pit bull puppy was charged with child endangering, authorities said Saturday.

Martina Jennings, 23, took her son to a hospital Friday because his foot was bleeding and told authorities she saw blood on the dog's face and chest, Lucas County Dog Warden Tom Skeldon said. The foot was amputated.

The boy has no feeling below the waist because of spina bifida, so he did not know the dog was biting him, Skeldon said. Spina bifida is a defect that occurs when the backbone and spinal cord do not close before birth.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PIT_BULL_MAULING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

This is just terrible. Why is it most always about Pit's in the news about bad dogs ?

Pit Bull Mauls Boy's Foot; Mom Charged

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- The mother of a 4-year-old boy whose foot was mauled by the family's pit bull puppy was charged with child endangering, authorities said Saturday.

Martina Jennings, 23, took her son to a hospital Friday because his foot was bleeding and told authorities she saw blood on the dog's face and chest, Lucas County Dog Warden Tom Skeldon said. The foot was amputated.

The boy has no feeling below the waist because of spina bifida, so he did not know the dog was biting him, Skeldon said. Spina bifida is a defect that occurs when the backbone and spinal cord do not close before birth.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PIT_BULL_MAULING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

This is just terrible. Why is it most always about Pit's in the news about bad dogs ?
Because they are focused on. During the 70s it was doberman pinschers, later there were tons of stories about Chow Chows, now it is Pit Bulls...

Thanks for the info Beefy. That hit the spot :)

I am for hitting the iresponsible owners .........

Umm I think Robs pittie is a pit/lab mix......It did not score very well...

Yeah lets let the private industry regulate this. Just put coverage exemptions in homeowners insurance for pit bulls, and or charge an insurance premium for dangerous dog coverage....

Yeah lets let the private industry regulate this. Just put coverage exemptions in homeowners insurance for pit bulls, and or charge an insurance premium for dangerous dog coverage....

Actually, in Aurora, CO they did this. They require a special insurance for any Pit Bull Terriers to reside in their city. It isn't very cost effective but many people chose to keep their dogs...

Pit Bulls are going to be a crucial cornerstone in fighting the war on cats. Until this I didn't realize I could use them as "foot soldiers" with the war on Children too. Its a win-win. We must save the Pitbulls.

Catapults are fun. Bait the throwing end with a sardine and hide around the corner with a long trigger rope.....

Back