Plants and gardening discussion.

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
I decided to start this to share people's plant babies and discuss issues.

I have a young peony tree with two shoots of growth one that doesn't produce new growth and one that produces vigorously. I noticed that the one was wrapping itself around the vigorous grower and like a dingus, I separated them. Later that day I found that the vigorous grower had snapped away at ground level and fell. I'm sure it will regrow being so young but I'm wondering if I should cut the non-grower down so it focuses energy on regrowing instead of keeping it alive.

Is that who you used?

61HSI9AntpL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Fingering weight yarn is a smaller diameter yarn that usually has 400–450 yards per 100 grams.
Alternatively called “Sock Yarn” this is the most common weight used for making socks because
of its light weight creating a fine texture"

No we used someone else.

The term worsted, in relation to textile yarn weight, is defined as the number
of hanks of yarn, each with a length of 560 yards, that weigh one pound.

I completely forgot and turned myself into a idiot. Mam here’s your package.

I have a young peony tree with two shoots of growth one that doesn't produce new growth and one that produces vigorously. I noticed that the one was wrapping itself around the vigorous grower and like a dingus, I separated them. Later that day I found that the vigorous grower had snapped away at ground level and fell. I'm sure it will regrow being so young but I'm wondering if I should cut the non-grower down so it focuses energy on regrowing instead of keeping it alive.

I tend to kill plants, but my favorite plant in the world is the General Sherman tree, which is reputed to be 100 feet in circumference at it's base.

My favorite forest in the world is the Białowieża Forest straddling the Belarusian-Polish border.

Runner up is the saguaro cactus forests of the Sonora desert.

I have a soft spot for California poppies.

The vigorous grower will probably rejuvenate itself. Is it possible to dig a little, separate the shoots and replant the weaker one?

I tend to kill plants, but my favorite plant in the world is the General Sherman tree, which is reputed to be 100 feet in circumference at it's base.

My favorite forest in the world is the Białowieża Forest straddling the Belarusian-Polish border.

Runner up is the saguaro cactus forests of the Sonora desert.

I have a soft spot for California poppies.

I love CA poppies! My cuz has them growing wild in her back yard (in CA.) I bought some seeds online and planted them in a pot. It looked like they would grow but when we had a streak of really hot weather, they withered. I'm going to try again next year and put them directly in the ground.

View attachment 20537

I love CA poppies! My cuz has them growing wild in her back yard (in CA.) I bought some seeds online and planted them in a pot. It looked like they would grow but when we had a streak of really hot weather, they withered. I'm going to try again next year and put them directly in the ground.

View attachment 20537

To me, it's impossible to see those fields of vibrant orange and not feel a sense of optimism and joy.

To me, it's impossible to see those fields of vibrant orange and not feel a sense of optimism and joy.

They are just so beautiful!

iu

Hmm. Would that make it look lopsided or badly asymmetrical? If so maybe you could just cut both back evenly. This is a good time to do that stuff before winter sets in.

Hmm. Would that make it look lopsided or badly asymmetrical? If so maybe you could just cut both back evenly. This is a good time to do that stuff before winter sets in.

I'd basically take it down to the ground since the entire stalk is devoid of any foliage or really much life. It's like a bare twig.

I'd basically take it down to the ground since the entire stalk is devoid of any foliage or really much life. It's like a bare twig.

That's what I would do then. Cut it back on both sides, make sure to water it plenty until things freeze over. Mulch it too if you can.

Golden Pothos Plant

I was given a Golden Pothos Plant, by my job when I got out of the hospital, that was 2004 and the plant is still going strong today?!! Low maintenance indoor plant too!

golden_pothos_houseplant_681_general.jpg

Back