playstation 3 120 gb

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
ok...since i'm buying my TV this weekend i ordered a PS3 online and it is arriving today. i'm not a big video gamer, and tbo i bought this because my parents have the PS3 and my step dad wants to play tiger woods golf...and of course the PS3 has blu ray...

any game suggestions? i looked on gamespot and it appears grand theft auto iv is da bomb...

games i've played on the PC:

portal, civ iii, civ iv, half life 2 and all episodes, wolfeinsten, oh and serious sam ii

I haven't a clue. My wife likes the Wii. Yes, we have both. The Wii is pretty cool, to be honest.

lol....she LOVES the wii...my parents have that too...i guess i will just have to go buy the black edition...because i can see spending hundreds of dollars on games she doesn't really like or i can go buy the wii and buy games she likes...

great tip

will check it out...thanks

hey, any good family games, like something the wife and i could play...she doesn't like the shooter games or games like civ iv...so far i've seen only monopoly and trivial pursuit...or sonic...or something like that

If she likes RPG's you could try the newest Final Fantasy, although it's underwhelming IMHO. Very flashy and cinematic, good but consulted and generic story, and a combat system for toddlers. Most non-JRPG's today mix RPG and shooter elements, though.

Braid is a must play if you don't want a shooter. Probably one of the best games released on the PS3, although it's an arcade indie game that doesn't have the 3D graphics the proles demand. Also, they released The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition on the PS3, and that's one of the greatest games of all time. Also, probably not 3D.

IMO, you should have went with 80gb instead, for the backwards compatibility option. FF VII alone would be worth it then.

I think the newer PS3s actually has backwards compatibility with PSone, but not PS2. They removed the emotion chip and later disabled the software that allowed you to emulate the PS2 on the cell chip alone for god knows why.

Last thing I heard was that the backwards compatibility wasn't with the 120s. I mean, I could be wrong, I don't follow playstation much (360 owner).

Probably not what you're after but FIFA 2010 is the best thing since...er...FIFA 2009.

However, as it involves what the rest of the world would call "proper football", i can appreciate why this enthusiasm may not be felt as strongly in Americaland.

Probably not what you're after but FIFA 2010 is the best thing since...er...FIFA 2009.

However, as it involves what the rest of the world would call "proper football", i can appreciate why this enthusiasm may not be felt as strongly in Americaland.

actually, i like soccer, however, too few chanels carry it here, to watch all the games you need a special sports chanel...

i will look at the game though

Back