Alan Rickman (Die Hard, Harry Potter) Dead at age 69 due to cancer

Damocles

New Nicotine Free Version
Staff member
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

Actor Alan Rickman, known for films including Harry Potter, Die Hard and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, has died at the age of 69, his family has said.

The star had been suffering from cancer, a statement said.

He became one of Britain's best-loved acting stars thanks to roles including Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films and Hans Gruber in Die Hard.

Tributes have come from figures like Sense and Sensibility director Ang Lee, who called him "a great human being".
He was also a "brilliant actor [and] a soulful actor", according to Lee, who cast Rickman opposite Kate Winslet in the 1995 film.
Announcing his death on Thursday, a family statement said: "The actor and director Alan Rickman has died from cancer at the age of 69. He was surrounded by family and friends."

One of my all-time favorite villain actors. I especially liked his line in Quigley Down Under, when he's about to try to execute Quigley (Selleck), and says "oh, and by the way - you're fired."

RIP

One of my all-time favorite villain actors. I especially liked his line in Quigley Down Under, when he's about to try to execute Quigley (Selleck), and says "oh, and by the way - you're fired."

RIP

That movie was great.
After shooting him and he was asked about his handgun usage, his response was epic.

Lets's not forget Galaxy Quest where he almost played himself. A classically trained stage actor forced to recite corny, campy lines in trendy hollywood films.

His line when they fly into the mine field in Galaxy Quest is another of my favorites. "Could you please try and not hit, every, single, bloody, one of them?!!?"

Galaxy Quest... I totally forgot about that one! Man he was awesome in a comedy too!

Back