Poor Paris

cawacko

It turns out Paris Hilton will do more time than 80% of the people sent to jail for similar offenses according to the Times. So much for celebrity status helping her out. Maybe that's why Brother Sharpton went to L.A. to protest. He thought Paris was getting a raw deal.

Hilton will do more time than most, analysis finds
By Jack Leonard and Doug Smith, Times Staff Writers
6:56 AM PDT, June 14, 2007

Paris Hilton will end up serving more time behind bars than the vast majority of inmates sent to L.A. County Jail for similar offenses, according to a Times analysis of jail records.

Whether Hilton received special treatment from the Sheriff's Department has become the subject of much debate since Sheriff Lee Baca last week allowed the hotel heiress to go home after less than four full days in jail, despite a promise that she would serve 23 days of a 45-day sentence.

The Times analyzed 2 million jail releases and found 1,500 cases since July 2002 that — like Hilton's — involved defendants who had been arrested for drunk driving and later sentenced to jail after a probation violation or driving without a license.

Had Hilton left jail for good after four days, her stint behind bars would have been similar to those served by 60% of those inmates.

But after a judge sent her back to jail Friday, Hilton's attorney announced that she would serve the full 23 days. That means that Hilton will end up serving more time than 80% of other people in similar situations. (She was transferred late Wednesday from the Twin Towers jail in downtown L.A. to a women's jail in Lynwood).

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-paris15jun15,0,863712.story?coll=la-home-center

keep in mind that it was her response to Sauer that caused him to give her the harder sentence. Supposedly... her response when asked why she drove the second time barely a month after being warned for driving on the suspended license, she replied "because I have people take care of stuff like that for me."

I say supposedly because I have not seen the court transcripts and have only heard it on the news.

Hmm just hit CNN again, here seemed to be the top story.
"Palestinian battle for control sparks bloodbath"

Here is the Link Dismocles.

http://cnn.com
When did you give Dano your login information? Or are Ad Hominem your new personal way of communication?

The Paris story isn't the first on Fox either. Or do you want to continue this disingenuous idiotic exchange of "What they are showing now?"

CNBC is covering steve madden right now... they must not care about the war in Iraq... they are simply republican mouth pieces.... blah blah blah...

Back