Post a video of a TV show which depicted America as great

Drummie123

Verified User
Post a video of a TV show which depicted America as great

Pardon My Gloves - The Donna Reed Show S1/E2

Jeff gets a black eye from a boy who mocked Donna's acting in a local play, so Donna tries to teach Jeff how to box.

https://pluto.tv/on-demand/series/the-donna-reed-show/season/1/episode/pardon-my-gloves-1958-1-2

I think this period of time in America was the last one where everything was mostly great.

If you watch this, try to think of a better time in America.

Then post a video of a TV show which illustrates your belief.

The link (above) is to the On Demand section of Pluto TV, a free online TV & Film provider.

The video quality on Pluto TV is excellent.

This video of the opening of the Donna Reed Show uploaded to YouTube is rough, but it gives you the idea of what the show was like.

It was a lovely era and a great show. Terrific writing which reflected our common attitudes. Great acting.

And Donna Reed and Shelly Fabares!!!

But, aside from their beauty, the show was really great.

In a 2008 interview, Paul Petersen (Jeff Stone) stated:

[The Donna Reed Show] depicts a better time and place. It has a sort of level of intelligence and professionalism that is sadly lacking in current entertainment products. The messages it sent out were positive and uplifting. The folks you saw were likable, the family was fun, the situations were familiar to people. It provided 22-and-a-half-minutes of moral instructions and advice on how to deal with the little dilemmas of life. Jeff and Mary and their friends had all the same problems that real kids in high school did.[2]

Petersen continued,

That's what the show was really about, the importance of family. That's where life's lessons are transmitted, generation to generation. There's a certain way in which these are transmitted, with love and affection.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Donna_Reed_Show

“The Donna Reed Show….”― Introduction • (1958 -1966)

Last edited:
Back