Pre Season Heisman Candidates

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I know who my favorite is. He was the best running back in the country last year and ya'll down south probably never heard of him. Had he not injured his anke he may well have rushed for over 2000 yard.

John Clay is my front runner to win the Heisman. I haven't seen a running back as good as him in college since Reggie Bush.

My dark hourse is Brandon Seine. If he gets the ball consistently 20 carries a game he'll put up some big numbers if he stays healthy. That's a big if. Seine's biggest advantage is he size 6"1" and 215 lb and he's the fastest RB in NCAA Div 1. He's been clocked doing a 4.1 40!! Shades of OJ Simpson.

I don't think Ingraham will repeat. He was recipient of some very special circumstances last year. Let's be honest. Gerhartd got screwed (no dis to Ingraham) and Ingraham is the only running back to run for less then 1700 hard to win the Heisman since they started playing more then 10 games a season. (That goes back to Archie Griffen in 75). If Stanford had won 1 more game then Gerhardt would have won the Heisman. Also Suh sucked a lot of votes away from Colt McCoy who probably would have won had not Suh won so many votes. If Richardson is as good as people say, then Ingraham will probably see less carries and if Bama loses a SEC game he's probably out of the hunt. Long and the short of it, history won't repeat. If Ingraham gets less then 1700 yards this year he simply won't repeat. That's what is really scary about Clay. He played as well as Ingraham with a bum ankle as Ingraham did healthy (again, no dis meant to Ingraham, Clay is that good).

My other Dark Horse is Deion Lewis at Pitt. That kid is something special. I'd sure like to see it go his way, he may not be the best RB in college ball (though certainly one of the best) but he's certainly the most entertaining to watch.

I know who my favorite is. He was the best running back in the country last year and ya'll down south probably never heard of him. Had he not injured his anke he may well have rushed for over 2000 yard.

John Clay is my front runner to win the Heisman. I haven't seen a running back as good as him in college since Reggie Bush.

My dark hourse is Brandon Seine. If he gets the ball consistently 20 carries a game he'll put up some big numbers if he stays healthy. That's a big if. Seine's biggest advantage is he size 6"1" and 215 lb and he's the fastest RB in NCAA Div 1. He's been clocked doing a 4.1 40!! Shades of OJ Simpson.

I don't think Ingraham will repeat. He was recipient of some very special circumstances last year. Let's be honest. Gerhartd got screwed (no dis to Ingraham) and Ingraham is the only running back to run for less then 1700 hard to win the Heisman since they started playing more then 10 games a season. (That goes back to Archie Griffen in 75). If Stanford had won 1 more game then Gerhardt would have won the Heisman. Also Suh sucked a lot of votes away from Colt McCoy who probably would have won had not Suh won so many votes. If Richardson is as good as people say, then Ingraham will probably see less carries and if Bama loses a SEC game he's probably out of the hunt. Long and the short of it, history won't repeat. If Ingraham gets less then 1700 yards this year he simply won't repeat. That's what is really scary about Clay. He played as well as Ingraham with a bum ankle as Ingraham did healthy (again, no dis meant to Ingraham, Clay is that good).

My other Dark Horse is Deion Lewis at Pitt. That kid is something special. I'd sure like to see it go his way, he may not be the best RB in college ball (though certainly one of the best) but he's certainly the most entertaining to watch.

No dis taken, at least not by me. Ingram is a great RB. He brought us our first Heisman, and thats all I need to know. Richardson may be an even better RB. But there is no way Ingram will get as many carries. One of the reasons Ingram was given such respect with lower numbers is the defenses against which he put up those numbers. To rush for over 100 yards against Florida, Texas, and VATech is no small feat. Ole Miss had one of the higher ranked defenses against the run as well.

Why would you think we have never heard of Clay? I thought the Badgers would have had a better year last year, but they had some tough losses.

No dis taken, at least not by me. Ingram is a great RB. He brought us our first Heisman, and thats all I need to know. Richardson may be an even better RB. But there is no way Ingram will get as many carries. One of the reasons Ingram was given such respect with lower numbers is the defenses against which he put up those numbers. To rush for over 100 yards against Florida, Texas, and VATech is no small feat. Ole Miss had one of the higher ranked defenses against the run as well.

Why would you think we have never heard of Clay? I thought the Badgers would have had a better year last year, but they had some tough losses.
Cause for some reason he didn't get a lot of press last year. To win the Heisman Clay will need the following scenaria. If he rushes for 2,000 yards he'll win the Heisman as long as Wisonsin is a 2 or 3 loss team. If we rushes for 1700 yards and Wisconsin wins the Big 10 or are co-champs.

True but they made up for it all with that priceless win over Miami. I was all smiles for a week over that! LOL That had to have been the single most embarrasing defeat in the last 40 years for The U! LOL

True but they made up for it all with that priceless win over Miami. I was all smiles for a week over that! LOL That had to have been the single most embarrasing defeat in the last 40 years for The U! LOL

It was their most embarrassing defeat since my Tide humiliated them for the NC in '92.

I was SOOOO rooting for Wisconsin against Miami.

Back