Pretty much the best school note I have ever found

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
In my daily rummaging I came across this note my mom wrote for me when I was in 8th or 9th grade

1xnu5l.jpg

סּ_סּ;530788 said:
In my daily rummaging I came across this note my mom wrote for me when I was in 8th or 9th grade

1xnu5l.jpg
What beautiful penmanship!!!! Did she go to Catholic school?

LOL, isn't that the truth! Those penmanship books, tracing over the letters and then trying to write them freehand -- there was actually a name for that handwriting style but I don't remember it.

LOL, isn't that the truth! Those penmanship books, tracing over the letters and then trying to write them freehand -- there was actually a name for that handwriting style but I don't remember it.

I don't recall tracing anything, but I do remember my pre-G.1 teacher taking away my pencil box because I wrote in cursive. It wasn't catholic school but in some respects was just as bad. This teacher had taught my father, same grade, when he had been my age. The joys of growing up in a small town!

Wasn't it just called 'writing'?

lol yes she did. you aren't the first person to make this remark or draw that conclusion either. I guess those schools are notorious for hammering that shit into your head

I don't recall tracing anything, but I do remember my pre-G.1 teacher taking away my pencil box because I wrote in cursive. It wasn't catholic school but in some respects was just as bad. This teacher had taught my father, same grade, when he had been my age. The joys of growing up in a small town!
I know what you mean my third grade teacher gave up on me in despair and told my parents, "With penmanship like that, your son will probably be a doctor!"

סּ_סּ;530866 said:
lol yes she did. you aren't the first person to make this remark or draw that conclusion either. I guess those schools are notorious for hammering that shit into your head

That, and spelling.

Back