APP - Prius Irony

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
I saw a Prius taxi cab on a Seattle highway yesterday with a license plate beginning with the letters "AGW." How awesome is that?!!?

:fuckyeah:

I believe the A is anthropogenic, but it could be androgynous.

Awwww...3D....that's just because you're too much of a pussy to be a man naturally....you think your Suburban or your big block Ford Pick up truck enhances your masculinity.....

Sadly, I drive a Ford Focus. Getting that thing up to speed on the freeway after merging can be downright embarrassing. The only vehicles I am truly scornful toward are those idiot Smart cars. Also, Humvees, because they are silly.

The Honda Civic seems to attract the lowest IQ drivers, while the biggest asswholes seem into BMWs.

Sadly, I drive a Ford Focus. Getting that thing up to speed on the freeway after merging can be downright embarrassing. The only vehicles I am truly scornful toward are those idiot Smart cars. Also, Humvees, because they are silly.

The Honda Civic seems to attract the lowest IQ drivers, while the biggest asswholes seem into BMWs.

Well, I can appreciate that...all.of it....why would anyone pay $20k.for a Smart car? They are ridiculously impractical and only get like...45 MPG? Civics are incredibly dependable....and decent in power vs fuel economy....I won't even talk about Hummers.

When I bought my last vehicle, I needed something with decent fuel economy and enough room to haul my PA system, guitars, and preferably...another bandmaster or my wife in to gigs that we had on our schedule. I had it narrowed down to two within my price range.....the Chevy HHR and the Scion XB. Between the reviews and the test drives...I ended up with the Scion. The HHR had slightly more length...but the Scion had a little bit better economy and.vertical space.....Not to mention that it has a Camry drivetrain. That was the first time I've ever purchased a foreign car brand new....I used to have a 1984 Subaru quite some time ago when I needed AWD more than I do now....but other than that? It's been American.

As far as the Prius goes? If I didn't have kids in college....that's the route I probably would have taken....but 17k sounded a hell of a.lot better than 25k.

I'm a bit old-fashioned, so it's not built by Ford, GM, or Chrysler, I'm not buying it.

I am.old fashioned too...but I am also a realist. If GM, Ford, or Chrysler can build a vehicle to meet my needs at the same.or similar pricepoint and fuel economy? I am on it like white on rice.

Hell, since the time I bought the Scion(spring of 2008)....I have actually downsized my PA system. I have a surgically repaired back that will never be what it used to be(because state jobs are so easy) and I needed lighter equipment. I decided to forgo the 500 watt Samson DB500a's that I was using for powered speakers to Fishman A220's. The Samson's were 500 watts/speaker....way too much for 90% of the gigs we get.....but the Fishmans are a little too weak for 10% of the gigs we get......but the Samson's weight 60lb, where the Fishmans weigh 35.....plus, we used to be a trio...where now.we are a duo....but that's kind of.besides the point...the Samson's were a two- way speaker with a 15" woofer..which lends itself to more of a "full band experience"....with bass, drums....etc.....especially when partnered with subwoofers. The Fishmans, however... are designed for acoustic guitar....vocals....and other medium to higher pitched instruments....mandolin...harmonica....etc.....they also have the advantage of an extra wide sound dispersement. As far as being part of the audience? That means nothing....but if you are a performer....it means a lot. That means you can actually sit the speaker indirectly behind you and still hear what the audience is hearing....eliminating the use of floor monitors...you can hear yourself sing and my buddy can harmonize with me easily(or vice versa).

The bottom line is...if I were in the market for a car right now....I'd probably choose differently...because I don't need.the space that I once did.

Eventually, I want an F-150 for utility, and a Mustang to enhance my masculinity.

I.missed this post....I wouldn't mind having a beater truck of some sort either....but I am tall...(6'4")....and fat(300+lbs)...so I would.need an extended cab so I can.put the seat back. As it is right now? When we buy something from the Hardware store..(preferably a local outfit....but sometimes we have to go.with Lowe's)...we borrow my brother in law's GMC Sonoma to haul.our shit.

Yeah, my friend has helped out with his Siera. Growing up, my relatives would assist each other depending on who had a reliable truck at the moment. Sometimes it's us.

Back