Proof God exists

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
1. It is a conceptual truth (or, so to speak, true by definition) that God is a being than which none greater can be imagined (that is, the greatest possible being that can be imagined).

2. God exists as an idea in the mind.

3. A being that exists as an idea in the mind and in reality is, other things being equal, greater than a being that exists only as an idea in the mind.

4. Thus, if God exists only as an idea in the mind, then we can imagine something that is greater than God (that is, a greatest possible being that does exist).

5. But we cannot imagine something that is greater than God (for it is a contradiction to suppose that we can imagine a being greater than the greatest possible being that can be imagined.)

6. Therefore, God exists.

Damn! Don't you feel like an idiot now, atheists? Objective proof God exists! You have to believe in him now!

I believe God exists, part of the nature of God is that existence cant be objectively proven.

The knowledge of the existence of God is truly dependent on your way of thinking and concept of what God is.
First you have to define what you mean by "God".

I have spoken with many athiests who when we discuss the concept of God, end up calling themselves athiests because they don't believe in a man with a flowing robe who sits on a golden throne making judgements all day about good and bad. I agree with them, and if that is the agreed upon concept of God, I would qualify as an atheist.

If however, we discuss God as a more universal concept, one that is not humanized and in many ways beyond our ability to conceptualize, as an all encompassing power of existence... then many athiests will agree with me about the likelihood of Gods existence. Its the language we use, the way many Churches have dimmed down the concept of God that turns off many. Often people feel spoken down to by those who try to evangelize God. Its a huge turn off. Our language is truly lacking in the ability to even discuss God, but when we start using pronouns like "he" or start giving God human qualities by talking about what God "says" or "thinks" it suddenly seems perfectly reasonable to not believe in such an entity and to call oneself an atheist.

The same could be said substituting unicorns.

Anselm responded to Gaunilo's criticism by arguing that the argument applied only to concepts with necessary existence. He suggested that only a being with necessary existence can fulfill the remit of "that than which nothing greater can be conceived". Furthermore, a contingent object, such as an island, could always be improved and thus could never reach a state of perfection. For that reason, Anselm dismissed any argument that did not relate to a being with necessary existence.

I always love the ontological argument because it sounds just crazy, like a trick of the language. I'm pretty sure no one in history has ever actually been convinced of God's existence by it.

So God created mankind in his own image Gen 1:27

There is reason to conceive G

od as being kinds like us.
But it's not important.
It is a matter of faith and always will be. No value in trying to prove the unprovable.

Back