Public not buying the Bush/Republican spin on the "Splurge"

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Public not buying Bush spin.

This evening, CNN ran a report on new poll numbers from CBS that show the American public was unmoved on Iraq by the testimony of Gen. David Petraeus and President Bush’s speech. The National Journal writes that Bush’s spin is “falling on deaf ears.”

A key takeaway: Before the administration’s PR offensive, 35 percent of Americans felt the troop increase was making the Iraq situation better. After the speeches and testimony, the number dropped — only 31 percent felt the escalation was working.

thinkprogress.org

One can only hope that politicians on both sides will feel the pressure as the elections come closer.

I have to admit to concern about what will happen when we withdraw, but at this point, it's all a crapshoot. It is as likely that our presence in Iraq is a catalyst for more violence as it is that our departure will cause more violence.

It's such a mess, and very, very depressing that we let a flunkie like Bush lead us to this point...

I saw that and that means the jig is up.

We may be seeign the light at the end of the tunnel.

He lost support in all catagories accept a few more Rs jumped back on the elephant. Overall he still lost points.

That means he can do nothing but lose support in the future if this stunt did not work.

We really need to get out while he is still in office. Peoples LIVES depend on this. Also they will ot be able to blame it on the Dems for the next 30 years.

The Republican party has fucked themselfs really good this time.

One can only hope that politicians on both sides will feel the pressure as the elections come closer.

I have to admit to concern about what will happen when we withdraw, but at this point, it's all a crapshoot. It is as likely that our presence in Iraq is a catalyst for more violence as it is that our departure will cause more violence.

It's such a mess, and very, very depressing that we let a flunkie like Bush lead us to this point...

Key word being hope. I haven't seen any evidence that the vast majority of republicans are willing to Break with Mr. 29% approval rating. Which is exactly what I predicted 6 or 8 months ago. They're heading for the electoral cliff, but can't seem to break their addiction to Dubya.

ahh but if they can get the price of oil higher, public opinion might turn around.
Most of us are into autoeroticisim aka Polytheistic vehicular worship.

Public not buying Bush spin.

This evening, CNN ran a report on new poll numbers from CBS that show the American public was unmoved on Iraq by the testimony of Gen. David Petraeus and President Bush’s speech. The National Journal writes that Bush’s spin is “falling on deaf ears.”

A key takeaway: Before the administration’s PR offensive, 35 percent of Americans felt the troop increase was making the Iraq situation better. After the speeches and testimony, the number dropped — only 31 percent felt the escalation was working.

thinkprogress.org

A majority of Americans also don't believe Patreaus is truthful about the war. They should all apologize now! After all, he's in the military, you can't say that!

A majority of Americans also don't believe Patreaus is truthful about the war. They should all apologize now! After all, he's in the military, you can't say that!

Oh Gawd...the faux outrage over the movon ad.

Does it get any more disingenous? ;)

Back