Pumpkin Spice Latte Is Overflowing With White Privilege

anatta

100% recycled karma
Starbucks may like to think of itself as a progressive company—with its menu of health-care options for employees and recent pay hikes for store workers—but there’s one big problem: the white privilege in its pumpkin spice lattes.

In an actual peer-reviewed academic study titled “The Perilous Whiteness of Pumpkins,” a scholar at the University of British Columbia has analyzed the whiteness of pumpkins in modern culture and determined that they’re the ultimate expression of white privilege, sexism and racism.

he academic, Lisa Jordan Powell, raised the question of our times: “Why did PSLs [pumpkin spice lattes] become the symbol of basic white girlness? Why did they stick even more than UGGs, yoga pants, or scented candles?”

She arrived at a startling conclusion: “PSLs [pumpkin spice lattes] are one step further from actual pumpkins. Their fluffiness, lack of substance, and triviality, regardless of attempts to dismiss them as ‘basic,’ make them ultimate luxuries and hence markers of distinction and white privilege.”

But the article didn’t end merely with the accusation of white privilege. Powell also described pumpkin spice lattes as sexist and racist for historical reasons. “Starbucks PSLs are products of coffee shop culture, with its gendered and racial codes” because coffee shops used to be “deeply masculine spaces” for white men but “concurrent with women’s entrance were milky, sweet drinks,” she wrote.
https://heatst.com/world/your-pumpkin-spice-latte-is-overflowing-with-white-privilege-says-academic/

I hate sociology. Anyway, I used to love the PSL, and then, one season, I grabbed one, and discovered I had lost my taste for it. My Starbucks drink of choice is the cinnamon dolce latte, which is probably an even greater symbol of white privilege.

:cof1:

I don't drink coffee but I have gotten the hot chocolate at Starbucks before and it was pretty good

This thread is mind numbingly boring!!

3423cc88c84670c424f4e92c50ab641f.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

It's about time white people got some privilege!

being a fucking idiot is not a privledge asshole

racism is based on very few braincells and shitty attitude

racists are the most hated people on the planet

sorry but hu,mams hate you more than they hate the non white people

your are totally fucked

climb back into that gutter and get to licking

you stupid racist shits get your jollies going every once in awhile and think you can grow your ranks

well that time has expired butt munch

time for you shit for brains to just get on your knees and crawl back in to the gutter

get to licking it

its your place in this world and ypu know it

its why you pick it

so you can pretend you are all bad and rebely

when on fact we all know its because you are dumb as fuck and have a shitty attitude.

the gutter calls wing nuts

get to lickin

Back