APP - Putting an end to the "Parties switched" lie perpetrated by democrats

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
As the democrat party runs full tilt with their race hustling ways, I am forced to remind them of their racist past

1) Democrat party = slavery
2) Democrat party = KKK
3) Democrat party = lynchings
4) Democrat party = Jim Crow
5) Democrat party = George Wallace
6) Democrat party = Robert (KKK) Byrd
7) Democrat party = filibuster of Civil Rights legislation

Of course when the light is shined on the democrat party's racist past, they immediately employ cognitive dissonance and proclaim "Well, those racists were really CONSERVATIVES. After Civil Rights were passed those democrats immediately became Republicans"

Now as laughable as this sounds, many democrat party members believe it. Many on this very board repeat it as gospel. It just goes to show how powerful propaganda and a poor public education system can damage a human mind.

The entire argument falls flat just on logic alone. Logically the democrats on JPP and elsewhere wants us to believe that after the Civil Rights legislation was passed, angry and disaffected democrats decided to start voting for the Republican Party voted for Civil Rights in a higher percentage. Where but in a leftists mind does that make any sense at all?

But, let's put aside logic for a second and look at hard cold facts shall we?

This article shows very clearly how the parties did not realign in the South until a whole 30 years after Civil Rights legislation passed. Now if those democrats were really THAT mad about it, it sure has heck took them a long time to switch parties didn't it?

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/fea...1-the-myth-of-the-republican-democrat-switch/

Since I know many won't take the time to read this, I will post some interesting facts for ya

*In 1960, Democrats held every Senate seat south of the Mason-Dixon line. In the 13 states that made up the Confederacy a century earlier, Democrats held a staggering 117-8 advantage in the House of Representatives. The Democratic Party was so strong in the south that those 117 House members made up a full 41% of Democrats' 283-153 advantage in the Chamber.

*Throughout the late 1950s and early 1960s, Democratic governors and overwhelmingly Democratic State Legislatures controlled the South, which steadfastly opposed the push for civil rights.

*A total of 21 Democrats in the Senate opposed the Civil Rights Act. Only one of them, "Dixiecrat" Strom Thurmond, ever became a Republican. The rest, including Al Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd--a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan--remained Democrats until the day they died.

*As those 20 lifelong Democrats retired, their Senate seats remained in Democrat hands for several decades afterwards.

So too did the overwhelming majority of the House seats in the South until 1994, when a Republican wave election swept the GOP into control of the House for the first time since 1952.

a full 30 years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

Now, I don't expect any leftist on JPP to read these FACTS and come to the realization that they have been peddling a lie. Propagandized people can't do that and it would posses a level of self awareness I have never seen in a leftist. No, they will just look at these data points and scoff and continue to claim that the parties switched. Even though it is a flat out lie that is not supported by logic or factual voting patterns

No, this is for any sentient thinking person to use when they hear a leftist spout this lie of monumental proportions.

Back