Question for computer geeks

Cancel7

Banned
Calling people who know anything about computers is my way of covering up that i know nothing.

I have a laptop, it's not even two years old and has no problems, except that the e came off, and I tried to crazy glue it on (i know, bad idea) and now it's all f'd up. Is there anyway to get a new key installed? If I brought it to a circuit city for instance, would they have a key, and be able to show me how to fix it?

Calling people who know anything about computers is my way of covering up that i know nothing.

I have a laptop, it's not even two years old and has no problems, except that the e came off, and I tried to crazy glue it on (i know, bad idea) and now it's all f'd up. Is there anyway to get a new key installed? If I brought it to a circuit city for instance, would they have a key, and be able to show me how to fix it?
This may not help. But every keyboard I have, I remove the Caps Key. because I have crooked fingers (That guy Arthur) and I would hit it too often. anyway, these keys cna be pryed up, and just click in place. at least that has been my experience. i don't understand how you would crazy glue one in place.

However. I doubt you could get a replacement key from a supplier (maybe a repairmain and fron a salvaged laptop) but, perhaps it is possible to remove one of the unused keys (such as a plus equal key), and move it to the "E" position.

(I'm not a computer geek, but rather an ex-modlemaker (inventor) and solving such problems was my stock in trade)

Last edited:
This may not help. But every keyboard I have, I remove the Caps Key. because I have crooked fingers (That guy Arthur) and I would hit it too often. anyway, these keys cna be pryed up, and just click in place. at least that has been my experience. i don't understand how you would crazy glue one in place.

However. I doubt you could get a replacement key from a supplier (maybe a repairmain and fron a salvaged laptop) but, perhaps it is possible to remove one of the unused keys (such as a plus equal key), and move it to the "E" position.

(I'm not a computer geek, but rather an ex-modlemaker (inventor) and solving such problems was my stock in trade)

Well, as it ends up, you wouldn't crazy glue one in place. :)

That's a very good idea about the plus key! If it ends up I can't get someone to replace the e, I will give that a try. Thank you.

Well, as it ends up, you wouldn't crazy glue one in place. :)

That's a very good idea about the plus key! If it ends up I can't get someone to replace the e, I will give that a try. Thank you.
You are quite welcome------------------if it works.

Well doniston, after going to circuit city, where I found out they don't have any keys, I tried your idea. It took me some time to figure out the whole spring thing, but I'm happy to say, that it worked, and without resorting to crazy glue. So, thank you.

Well doniston, after going to circuit city, where I found out they don't have any keys, I tried your idea. It took me some time to figure out the whole spring thing, but I'm happy to say, that it worked, and without resorting to crazy glue. So, thank you.

You are quite wlcome, and it just goes to show I'm not a complete NINNY. Heh heh

Back