Question for damo

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I know you're a buddhist. Do you believe in reincarnation? Or Karma as a literal spiritual force in the universe (and not merely as the way things tend to work out)?

Interesting. I've "spoken" on both of these before. Yes, with caveats, to both questions.

I believe that reincarnation is a choice you can make. I believe that you are the judge (after death of course) of your own "karma"....

Each of us, and all other things that live, are part of what makes up what most people call "god". Can you judge god? Of course.

Is there anything really "supernatural" about Buddhism besides karma and reincarnation?
Karma and reincarnation are actually Hindi notions often subscribed to Buddhism in general. Tibetan Buddhists would be the ones that you are thinking of, or Shin Buddhists with their odd "salvation" myth that so closely matches the Jesus myth.

Theravada Buddhism does not speak as to reincarnation, to god, to an infinite soul... These things are thought of differently by different Buddhists from my tradition.

but just logically it doesn't make sense. Are there any qualities of god outside of the qualities of "everything"?
You are getting the cheap and dirty bumpersticker version of what I believe, because this isn't the place for me to write the Damo Bible, nor do I think it should be written. You come up with your own belief, each of us do anyway, even those who follow dogma.

Now let's get back to it. Start with the simplest of things, not "everything".

I'll repeat it because this simple idea seems to escape your attention. Not every "thing" is part of what makes up god.

Again (one more time in the hope that you can be honest enough to not repeat that again), not everything, it is disturbing that you cannot get this simple idea. "God" is that which gives us life, the "mind" and "spirit", not your meat body.

Interesting. I've "spoken" on both of these before. Yes, with caveats, to both questions.

I believe that reincarnation is a choice you can make. I believe that you are the judge (after death of course) of your own "karma"....

Each of us, and all other things that live, are part of what makes up what most people call "god". Can you judge god? Of course.
Does that mean if we killed Watermark the little prick would come back to haunt us?

Back