question for you English people out there

Celticguy

How in the hell did Gary Glitter ever get popular there ?

Hes like a grotesque caricature of Elvis in drag only he cant even sing or dance....

I know it was the 70's or whatever but seriously how did he become a thing ?

How did Tiny Tim become famous, or Adam Ant come to that? I actually saw him at a pop festival once in Germany, Essen to be exact. He had a certain stage presence and his double drummer lineup were incredibly tight.

Last edited:

Hes like a grotesque caricature of Elvis in drag only he cant even sing or dance....

He had dirt on someone. Had to be that. I'd like to talk some shit but can't due to how fucking piss poor our own pop culture has been.

How did Tiny Tim become famous, or Adam Ant come to that? I actually saw him at a pop festival once in Germany, Essen to be exact. He had a certain stage presence and his double drummer lineup were incredibly tight.

agreed on Tim, Ant could at least carry a tune.

I do like double drummers...

Love the Almond Bros, the Dead not particularly though the drummers were fun.

As a kid I was at the Watkins Glenn Festival, which if I am not mistaken was the biggest festival ever held in the U.S.. It was only three bands, Almond Brothers, the Dead, and the Band, with what was scheduled as a one day festival

The night before, with a huge crowd already there, all three bands came out to do the routine sound check, and instead, all three played extended sets, the Dead for over two hours. I figured nothing was going to top that so I left

Because his music was GREAT! It became some of the biggest Sports Dome music of all times- Much like Queen's music did!

But Glitter turned out to be a pervert- and generally- a horrible person!

People hated him but likes his music.

Because his music was GREAT! It became some of the biggest Sports Dome music of all times- Much like Queen's music did!

well one tune resonated with people, thats true.

Season 1 of Big Brother Canada!It's on Paramount +

There are very many in rock music like that. Great musicians but shite people

Back