Question

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Is it more moral to kill a Honduran child than an American child? Or vice versa?

One day you awake and have three buttons before you. One triggers a revolver that shoots the Honduran child in the heart, the second triggers one that shoots the American child the heart, and the third shoots a random child in the heart, decided by coin toss. Immediately after this is explained to you, a five second timer starts counting down, after which both children will be shot in the heart. Thus, by doing nothing, or spending more than five seconds contemplating some clever fourth path that saves both to defeat the problem, you have effectively chosen to shoot both children directly in the heart. I will simulate this by counting down while I read your response, if it takes more than five seconds for me to read before any action has been chosen, then your answer will be tallied under "shoot both children".

Also there is a pit of lava in between you and the children, about the length of a football field. You're both on islands in this pit of lava. The buttons def work and are capable of saving one though. But feel free to try and jump across that football field of lava in five seconds to disarm the revolver or whatever. I'll evaluate fourth options based on your own physical capabilities, for instance if you try to jump, I'm going to ask you what's the furthest you've ever jumped in your life. If this is less than a football field of horizontal distance, I'm going to tally that as you thinking that the most moral thing is for the children to get shot in the heart while you commit suicide.

What do you choose to do? Which path do you find least immoral?

Last edited:
Is it more moral to kill a Honduran child than an American child? Or vice versa?

One day you awake and have three buttons before you. One triggers a revolver that shoots the Honduran child in the heart, the second triggers one that shoots the American child the heart, and the third shoots a random child in the heart, decided by coin toss. Immediately after this is explained to you, a five second timer starts counting down, after which both children will be shot in the heart. Thus, by doing nothing, or spending more than five seconds contemplating some clever fourth path that saves both to defeat the problem, you have effectively chosen to shoot both children directly in the heart. I will simulate this by counting down while I read your response, if it takes more than five seconds for me to read before any action has been chosen, then your answer will be tallied under "shoot both children".

What do you choose to do? Which path do you find least immoral?

The person who set this into motion is the one responsible for the death's, not the one you're attempting to make a choice.

Back